“Terrible Service and awful food”

America at New York New York
Ranked #221 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Road trip! Cross our beloved country in one delicious excursion at America, our 24-hour restaurant. Feast your eyes on our larger-than-life, 90 x 20 foot map of the U.S. - complete with mountains, rivers and amber waves of grain; and chart your culinary journey with food, wine and beer from coast to coast.
Reviewed March 4, 2011

DONT EAT HERE!

We stopped by for breakfast and was excited to see that they had eggs benedict. That was until it was served. First off there was hardly any hollandaise sauce so i ordered extra. When i put it on my food and took my first bite it was COLD. I managed to choke down part of it and then called my waiter over to send it back. It was then that the waiter told me quote: "Hollandaise sauce is SUPPOSE to be served at room temperature". Im no chef but im smart enough to know that making it involves a pan and heat. FYI cold hollandaise sauce on your eggs is disgusting!

My business partner and i sent both plates back. Instead of offering to remake it or give us something different the manager told the waiter to offer just offer us $3.50 back on each plate. He didnt even bother to come over to my table. Just so you know $3.50 happened to be the exact same price we paid for each of our coffees. I was in no mood to negotiate so i just paid $23.43 bill for the food we returned and we went for breakfast elsewhere.

I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN!

There are newer reviews for America at New York New York

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Great breakfast, great scenery, service and food were awesome! Hubby & I had our first vacation day breakfast here, immediately impressed by the hanging mural of the US! Terrific, spicy Bloody Mary, and my Eggs Benedict (from which I base my breakfast outside the home on ) was tasty, and value minded!

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We went to this place as we were wandering through New York New York and couldn't decide where to go. It was like a really bad Applebee's. The food was overly salty, overcooked and the cooked veggies were cold. The reason there is no line is because it's not very good. Save yourself the trouble and go to any other burger joint or stand in line for a good restaurant. Our food took 20-30 minutes to come out, which is a long time considering our group mainly ordered sandwiches and salads. This place is a joke and I can't believe it is still open.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

I love this restaurant. I love the map of the U.S across the ceiling and the staff are incredibly friendly. We came here after flying in from the UK so only wanted a snack to eat.

I chose their buffalo chicken wings and fries to share, and my mum decided on the nachos with steak. When the food arrived, it would have been more than enough to satisfy a family of four.

Really good food, really good value, great staff. Definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Shoppinginheels
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Following a recommendation by Time Out, we headed for America and were more than happy. Good burgers and good beer at a good price - the latter is rare in Vegas! It was also quiet so no queues and quick service. It was a little overlit and definitely wasn't romantic, but would recommend for the hungry money conscious.

1  Thank Lulabelle6