“Awesome meal”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was there for the lunch buffet . . . . the restaurant was not even half full. I assume that there were not many patrons since most people just stay at their hotels / casinos for buffet. This actually made the experience much better. There were no lines, and the food was still very fresh. There were a great selection of sushi, and various other Asian dishes.

Hint: Go to the Tix 4 Tonight kiosk in front of Planet Hollywood for a discount coupon (cost 2 dollars), and you get about 5 dollars off the lunch buffet price.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We ate here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Dinner menu adds sashimi and a wider variety of meats to this mostly-Asian buffet selection. Prices of $24 at lunch and $34 at dinner are reasonable for the vast and varied selection of sushi rolls, nigiri (assorted fish types) sushi, tempura, salads and Western dishes such as roast pork, smoked sausage, roast beef and roast turkey. A teppanyaki grill with a variety of ingredients can be ordered by those who like absolute freshness in a hot dish. We will return.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

For me, the only thing missing from the lunch buffet was the sashimi. There were so many types of sushi that I didn't have room to try them all. I would rate them as good but not great (using an authentic Japanese sit-down sushi restaurant as a comparison). The Korean offerings were also good and the fruit added a nice balance. The biggest surprise was the dessert selection. Although limited, they tasted better than those in more traditional buffets. Only surprise was that the iced tea was an additional expense. All in all a great bang for your sushi buck.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me, my wife, and some friends of ours came here while staying at the Elara and I'm so glad we did! The food was amazing, lots of choices for sushi, sashimi and the other items were very good as well! We've been to most of the buffets in Vegas and this one has been our favorite so far. We ate at the Spice Market Buffet the next night and hated it, thought it was the worst food and service we've ever had in Vegas.
Try this place out, I promise you won't be sorry you did!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Had heard good things about Todai. Not a buffet person, but feeling adventurous & gave it a try since we were going to a show at the V Theatre. Wish I hadn't. Definietly not worth $36 per person. Most things were over-cooked and only slightly warm. The kalbi ribs were tough and had bone chips in them. The sushi looked really good, and may have been - decided not to try it since almost everything else was disappointing.

The wait staff was very nice. No complaints about the staff.