“Decent Mexican food at NY/NY Vegas”

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez
Ranked #238 of 5,042 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: This high-voltage Mexican restaurant serves up the best Mexican cuisine this side of the West! Enjoy the festive southwestern themed dining room's "grotto style" seating. Saddle up to the bar to sample one of the largest selections of tequilas in town and dine on delicious Mexican creations for lunch, dinner and late night. Private areas available from 20 to 50 guests. Restaurant accommodates up to 150 guests.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had dinner here one night prior to going to Zumanity Circue Show. Glad we went here. Decent service, good portions and reasonably priced.

Initial round of chips and salsa are free (contrary to other reviews) and they were warm and tasty.

Had the tableside guacamole.....Delicious! Shared a chicken & shrimp fajita's and they were delicious as well. Cooked perfectly.

Place is pretty loud but most are in Vegas. We didn't order drinks here so we can't comment on quality or pricing. Our server was Saba and she was great.

If you're looking for decently priced Mexican food while at or near NY/NY in Vegas, give this place a try.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I tried the special chicken and shrimp salcio and chips with salsa. Both were very good. Would definitely try them again.

1  Thank mandidalesmom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband & I love Mexican food and this place didn't disappoint (except for the price of the drinks). The chips & salsa are abundant (they should be as you are paying for them), the food itself outstanding! My husband got the Tres Enchiladas (barbacoa, shrimp, chicken/pork) and I got a two item combo with ground beef enchiladas, which had just the right amount of spice to them. Our food was very warm, plates very hot and were brought out to us about 12-15 minutes after we ordered. My only complaint is the price of the margaritas. We had 3 (1 each & split the last one), they weren't in fancy glasses, made with a higher shelf tequila and the first round was very good. The 3rd one had so much grand marnier in it, it was just really sweet. That said, I'm not above paying for a higher shelf tequila, but was suprised at the cost of $14.95 per drink when our bill arrived (guess when there isn't a price next to a menu item you really should ask, LOL). All in all a great meal, albeit a bit more than we thought we'd spend.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate here as we were staying at NYNY and it was convenient. The food was good (Not brilliant. Just good) My only complaint was the shocking presentation of my steak salad. The strips of steak came draped over a whole uncut head of lettuce soaked in dressing which was virtually impossible to cut through as it was bigger than the plate.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was disappointed, the food at Gonzalez y Gonzalez was bland and the portions were not particularly large. But the service was good and it was easy to get a table.