“Amazing food, great value”
Review of Redwood Steakhouse

Redwood Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Redwood Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 5,049 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The Redwood Steakhouse is a fine dining experience not to be missed. Enjoy our Social Hour with drink and food specials 4:00pm - 6:00pm daily. Our menu offers a wide range of steaks, fresh seafood, and chops. The amazing side dishes are large enough to share and you'll want to sample each one! With delicious dishes, tempting desserts, and a warm atmosphere, be sure to make your reservations for tonight at the Redwood Steakhouse.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

In the world of overly hyped and expensive Vegas steakhouses this place is a welcome visit. Exceptional value for the dollars, great food, big portions, charming service and I am sure the slots are looser downtown :).

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Big portions, great service, they let you take your time.
Overall a good restaurant. Getting a reservation bypasses the sometimes lengthy wait for a table.

1  Thank MrCourtney
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I used to live in CA and went to Vegas several times over the years. Came upon the hidden gem of the Redwood years ago and I go back every time I'm back in Vegas. The last time I went was in August 2011 and it was just as good as I remembered. The service was superb. Unlike many places on the strip, we got a lot of food for the price. I wasn't sure if my group would like it as much as I did, but we all loved it. They said I made a great choice.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

After checking the prices at several of the top-rated steakhouses in the area, and seeing that they were all close to twice the price, I was a little nervous about the quality of food at the Redwood. After the first bite, however, I was sold.

The escargot appetizer was excellent - buttery, garlicky, and cooked perfectly.

The side dish of potatoes was even better - I think they were called Redwood Potatoes, or House Potatoes, or something. They were garlic mashed potatoes wrapped in a wonton and fried... out of this world!

And the steak - oh my God, the steak! I got the 10 oz filet, and if it wasn't the best steak I've ever tasted, it was at least on par with the best steak I've ever tasted. This, too, was cooked perfectly, and it melted like butter in my mouth. The flavor was amazing, and I've been dreaming about that steak ever since that night 5 days ago. The mushroom on top, along with the sauce on the side for dipping, were great additions to the steak, although I could have eaten it by itself with my bare hands and been every bit as happy. I had 2 friends that ordered the prime rib, and they said the same thing - one of the best steaks they've ever tried. Even the adventurous friend that ordered the 24 ouncer was impressed with the quality just as much as the size.

Finally, the price... did I mention the price? The price was literally about half of what a comparable steak was going for at any of the other top-rated steakhouses in Vegas. We were less than a 10-minute cab ride away from the strip, and the food was worth every bit of that cab ride. The atmosphere was definitely different than that of any of the casinos we'd visited thus far. It's situated in the middle of the California casino - think of the casino where Clark Griswold won big at Keno - but I didn't feel unsafe at any point, and I can't emphasize enough how the food was worth it.

1  Thank BarBuilder23
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Inside the California Casino just off the Fremont Street Experience, the Redwood Bar and Grill has fine dining at about one third the cost of that found on the Strip! Don't worry about sacrificing quality because you won't! Great food, variety and service make this a must see when you visit downtown! We went there with others and we were all VERY impressed by both the quality of food and thee very fine attentive service. When you visit downtown Vegas pencil in the Redwood Bar & Grill as a "must see" - you will be glad you did ...

Been to Redwood Steakhouse? Share your experiences!