“Train your staff!!”

Second Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Second Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #633 of 4,955 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Casino Center
Description: Enjoy casual fine dining and exquisite cuisine at the Second Street Grill, recognized as one of Las Vegas' best restaurants year after year by the Zagat Survey. We offer a unique array of American cuisine with Pacific Rim influence, including steak, fresh seafood and poultry. With delicious dishes, great value and exceptional service, the Second Street Grill is a dining experience not to be missed the next time you’re Downtown!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a nice restaurant in the heart of downtown and you feel like you have left the casino etc behind and can relax. It gave a good impression of being clean and up scale.

When I say train people, first we were lead through an empty restaurant to the back and offered a table in the back section staring at the kitchen door. We asked for another table and were taken back to the sections we had just walked through and given a nice booth. Why would any owner want to put you through this. We were dressed properly for this venue and it almost seems like let's get rid of the worst tables first if someone will take them. They continued this with each group until they had it filled up and then they started filling the section we were in. Who are we trying to please here, the staff, the management or the customer?

Then waiter comes over and there is an offer of half price wine by the bottle. I ask what they have on offer and after he recites a few bottles, I order one. He comes back shortly and says sorry that is not one of the ones on special after all but only these two whites. OK if you are going to have specials make sure your staff knows. if I owned the restaurant and the staff made that mistake I would have given the customer the bottle they ordered ( the special price they offered was still well above their cost because I know the wine and the price I pay for it).

So when the wine comes the waiter fills the glasses, I guess so he doesn't have to come back to often but that just let's the wine get hot (its white wine). A wine cooler comes later as an after thought. Again train them properly for this class of restaurant.

I had a steak special and found it quite good but a little overdone. I had asked for medium rare but there was no pink in it. My wife had two appetizers and found the tomato and mozzarello salad very good but the fish tacos not that great.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was recommended to this restaurant for the King Crab Leg dinner. I had taken my mom to Vegas for a birthday getaway. We decided to have a nice dinner out. We decided for the small split fee, to share the 1 lbs of King crab legs. Although the crab legs weren't as large as I had expected they were pretty good. They were already split and served with the drawn butter. The crab was served with a baked potato and a small salad. The service was decent. The only problem was that the server kept calling us "girls". My mom being 77 years old, found that to be very disrespectful. I did notice that it changed from "girls" to "ladies" when the check was delivered. LOL! The restaurant was a bit pricey, I think for the money, in Vegas, you could do better. I believe my Long Island Iced Tea was approx $16.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The restaurant is in the Fremont Hotel, downtown Las Vegas. What it lacks in pizzaz of the restaurants in the big hotels on the strip, it makes up in great food at an excellent value.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The food at the Second Street Grill was fabulous! It was almost as good as Michael's @ Southpointe but at a more affordable price. I will definitely be eating there again on my next visit to Vegas!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was one of the better prime rib dinners I had during my stay in Vegas. Unfortunately, my friends had appetizers that they felt were overpriced, and the quality was lacking greatly for what they paid. It's also very dark and dreary in this restaurant. The service here was the worst we experienced in Vegas, and there is no way we will return...too many other amazing choices for restaurants in Vegas.