“Not terrible, but below average (and there's no "below average" rating)”

Paymon's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #812 of 5,012 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: CAT Bus stops directly in front of plaza on Maryland Parkway.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I really like Greek/Mediterranean food, so went out of our way to find a restaurant in Vegas where we could "eat Greek". We liked the ratings and reviews of Paymon's but our expectations were too high, apparently. The hostess was not welcoming and sat us at a table that didn't have silverware and apparently didn't inform the waitstaff that we were there. Once we did order, I got moussaka which had obviously sat around for a while before it made it to my plate. My husband got a pita sandwich that he rated "below average." It was a disappointment to find this place below average. Sadly, it wouldn't rate a recommendation from us.

1  Thank MassTraveller78

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just a short cab ride from the strip --this great Mediterranean restaurant is beloved by locals and popular with the UNLV crowd and its easy to see why. Our group of eight had some fabulous food served promptly at very affordable prices with great service. I had the cold cucumber soup with mint which was epicurean and a wonderful eggplant parmigiana served with a side of spaghetti and a loaf of special bread. Just about a perfect lunch.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hadn't been to Paymon's in a few years and really enjoyed my visit last week with my son.

Server was super pleasant bringing me out an array of salad dressings so that I could taste test. My gyro salad was huge and an excellent value at $9.75. I took home the extra salad dressings and enjoyed them all week long.

My hungry teenager devoured his gyro plate. He thought the server was the owner because the server had such an accommodating and upbeat attitude.

We will be back!

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Fries are super, pita falafel was absolutely yes and the Greek salad was superb!

Superb! Visit after Outlet shopping in de premium outlet south of the strip.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

For Euro types, stay away. The food is somewhere between mediocre and terrible, served lukewarm. Stay away from the curry, it's just not curry. The chicken is kind of tasteless and rubbery unless you put a lot of salt tzatziki etc. The place could be revamped for both hygiene and looks. Another restaurant that everyone says is yummy but which in fact is quite the opposite

1  Thank Jordan B