“Good food reasonable price”

Paymon's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #778 of 5,042 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: CAT Bus stops directly in front of plaza on Maryland Parkway.
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Las Vegas local..Have been a dozen times over the past few years. Good humus, Athen fries, gyro meat and salads. Good service very flavorful food! Will put this place back in our rotation of places to eat out!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The menu is truly broad - from Italian to Indian (not that I see India as Mediterranean but, okay), including Turkish, Greek, Israeli, Lebanese, etc. The strip mall setting has a large diner-like room, a smaller, quiet, more intimate middle dining room, and a hookah lounge, all connected. The food was good, not fantastic, and for a restaurant that was reasonably empty, the service wasn't as attentive as I would have liked.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I'll be up front and start by saying that I've been going to Payman's for over 20 years. And, while I very much miss the no-longer-served rose and pistachio ice cream, the quality of the rest of the food hasn't changed much. Athens fries are a must to start with ~ even with people who don't generally consume fries, these things grow on you, and before you know it you've consumed a full potato worth. Most of the entrees are excellent, though I need to mention that the Kibbe, which used to be stellar, is now more on the average to less-than-average variety. Baba Ganoush is to die for, as is the hummus. It's a nice place to have conversation with friends, enjoy a nice meal,and overall have a nice experience.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The restaurant is 3 blocks off strip, so not crowded (big plus). It has two parts: cafe and hookah lounge. We've been only in café. Interior is a little dark and I guess supposed to be intimate. We were with kids, so hard to judge. Food was outstanding. We got yogurt with pita, side-sized, which was surprisingly large portion. Then we got moussaka, Greek salad and veggies with couscous. All ingredients were fresh, with just the right amount of spice and minimal sauce/dressing, so that you can really taste a dish, not sauce. We've finished with coffee (lavazza, not Starbucksy suff!) and baklava. Baklava was a little too moist, but tasted good, and a portion was generous enough to share.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

There are so many different cuisines to choose from in this place. Then there are several dishes from each cuisine. Husband had the chicken curry and said the flavoring was great. He also enjoyed the pita bread...fresh. I had the trio kabob platter. The lamb was tender and the lamb and chicken were flavored and tasted great! The other meat, which I forget, was good but was not my favorite. Prices seem average for what we got. It was around $35 before taxes.