“Get Off The Strip To Eat!”

Paymon's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #823 of 4,955 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: CAT Bus stops directly in front of plaza on Maryland Parkway.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This fabulous restaurant is about 1.5 miles off the strip (your GPS will get you there). They serve all manor of Mediterranean entres.
These include Italian, Greek, and Middle Eastern foods. Our group of four were all ecstatic about the food!
It is a cozy place, with great service. The best part is that it is not expensive. So, get away from the crowds, and the over- priced and mediocre food at the casinos and get out for a couple of hours! ( :

3  Thank John K

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Mediterranean fare is delicious and a wonderful diversion from the ordinary fast food joints around UNLV. Located near the Desert Research Institute where you can see intriguing atomic testing displays. Atmosphere is secondary at Paymon, but certainly acceptable enough to really enjoy their good meal.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friends and I ate here on recommendation from a friend who grew up and lives in Vegas. It did not disappoint! I am a vegetarian and had a basic falafel pita sandwich and it was yummy. Everyone else loved their food as well ( a couple combo platters and some Chicken Masala). They had a great wine bottle deal going on too. Our waitress was friendly and the food came out quick. GREAT non-stuffy hookah lounge next door too. Totally cozy and friendly atmosphere. Excellent place to eat and drink and smoke!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Met friends here, and I was a little apprehensive as my wife is cautiously adventurous with food. She trusted me so I ordered the Athens Fries as an appetizer (Awesome and filling!) and trio of kabobs (which we split). Kabobs (chicken, lamb, and beef) were all great, and my wife said she was glad I ordered them! The serving was huge with 2 types of rice as well so there was even leftover food though we split the order.

We had a party of 6, and they tried to sit us in the middle room next to the hookah lounge. The door to the lounge remains open so you can smell the hookah lounge smoke or whatever it is if you get stuck in there. Might not be a big deal to some, but I'm sensitive to any smoke. Server said they don't like to move 2 tables together in the main (closed off dining room). But she came back in 2 minutes and allowed us to move to the main dining room! That was so nice of her and SO appreciated!

Food was great, and service was outstanding by allowing us to go against their 'policy' and move 2 tables together along with constant help from staff when needed.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Paymon' has remained consistent and true to the heritage and authenticity of the menu, and has survived the Las Vegas roller-coaster as a result. A local favorite, time-honored among regulars to Las Vegas. The owner is always there and gives back to the community on top of it all. One a week isn't too much.