“Best pad thai!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I'm from Chicago and I live in an area that is full of Thai restaurants. My husband and I frequent them a lot. However, the pad thai at King and I was the best I have ever had.

1  Thank hhkiwi

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for a few years, what we like is they will make it just the way you want it always great. They treat everyone like family when we walk in we are greeted with a hug and our normal drinks, you are never rushed and food is brought when you are ready. Have taken family and friends any they all agree they want to return and the food and service is outstanding

1  Thank mbb42
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We have visited the King & I on a fairly regular basis since the early ‘90s and have found it to be consistently good and the prices quite reasonable. Last weekend, our house guests wanted Thai so off we went; we had never eaten there with others in our party and were interested to hear their opinion. One ordered the Crispy Duck and said it was very good and loved the dipping sauce (as did I). Another ordered a beef dish simmered in red curry and coconut milk saying it was quite yummy. I tried their NEW Singapore Noodles dish which was overwhelmingly voted the best dish on the table. It has angel hair rice noodles, some veggies, a hint of yellow curry, and shrimp and pork (though I substituted chicken for the pork). Hubs had his usual Mandarin Beef which he is quite fond of. This is a wonderful local Thai restaurant; it’s easy to see why it’s been voted the “Best of Las Vegas” several times by the RJ Reader’s Poll.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

King & I is a small, neighborhood restaurant tucked into a shopping center. What makes it different is the owner is there all of the time. She will customize Chinese & Thai food for every taste. She also has a memory so when you come in again, She will say do you want your Tom Yom Gom soup seasoned like you had it last time? They offer a $7.95 lunch with entree fruit cup, rice, salad and fortune cookie. It's very filling and is great. The soup is different each day. I particularly like the Chinese Hot and Sour that she serves on Wednesday. I've brought guests and they all remarked how great the food and services are.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My friend recommended this place. Good small restaurant. The young gentleman that took our order was very friendly and recommended great fishes. I had the duck curry with brown rice. It was a decent portion. My friend had pork fried rice and pad see ewe which were huge portions. I thought it was odd that the lady didn't pick up my dishes when I was done but I guess you get better customer service if you're the one paying :).

Been to King & I Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!