“Always Good Food...Nice Place for a Quick or Leisurely Bite”

King & I Thai Cuisine
Ranked #1,464 of 5,275 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We have visited the King & I on a fairly regular basis since the early ‘90s and have found it to be consistently good and the prices quite reasonable. Last weekend, our house guests wanted Thai so off we went; we had never eaten there with others in our party and were interested to hear their opinion. One ordered the Crispy Duck and said it was very good and loved the dipping sauce (as did I). Another ordered a beef dish simmered in red curry and coconut milk saying it was quite yummy. I tried their NEW Singapore Noodles dish which was overwhelmingly voted the best dish on the table. It has angel hair rice noodles, some veggies, a hint of yellow curry, and shrimp and pork (though I substituted chicken for the pork). Hubs had his usual Mandarin Beef which he is quite fond of. This is a wonderful local Thai restaurant; it’s easy to see why it’s been voted the “Best of Las Vegas” several times by the RJ Reader’s Poll.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

King & I is a small, neighborhood restaurant tucked into a shopping center. What makes it different is the owner is there all of the time. She will customize Chinese & Thai food for every taste. She also has a memory so when you come in again, She will say do you want your Tom Yom Gom soup seasoned like you had it last time? They offer a $7.95 lunch with entree fruit cup, rice, salad and fortune cookie. It's very filling and is great. The soup is different each day. I particularly like the Chinese Hot and Sour that she serves on Wednesday. I've brought guests and they all remarked how great the food and services are.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My friend recommended this place. Good small restaurant. The young gentleman that took our order was very friendly and recommended great fishes. I had the duck curry with brown rice. It was a decent portion. My friend had pork fried rice and pad see ewe which were huge portions. I thought it was odd that the lady didn't pick up my dishes when I was done but I guess you get better customer service if you're the one paying :).

Reviewed October 17, 2010

This is a great place for Thai food in Las Vegas. Surely a much much better value than the more expensive spots. I stopped here with some coworkers, one who used to live in Vegas and said we had to try this place ! He was right, the food and service was awesome. The prices were very reasonable. The lunch specials were downright cheap for huge portions of tasty food. The service was better than one would expect. Like one of the other reviews, it is in a scary strip mall, but dont let that stop you. Its a small family run place and worth the stop.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Good food good price and good service. What else do you want from a small Thai restaurant. They are not fancy like MGM grand or bellagio

Been to King & I Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!