“Food well done”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently ate here on a business trip to Vegas. The food was was simple American fare, but everything was done very well. The restaurant itself is very well appointed, a bit crowded, but has intimate nooks. The price is on the high end, but it is Vegas and is very well done. Great, but pricey wine selection if you are a wine drinker.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great restaraunt in the MGM Grande where we had an after show dinner. Would recommend booking before as this place gets really busy. The food was fab and the service was really good too, great wine list and really handy for the Cirque de Soleil Ka show. Def recommendation from us.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We walked in at 6pm on the Nobhill looking for a casual, light dinner and were lucky to get a table, 1 of the few remaining, on the 'patio' overlooking the casino which was actually more peaceful than the lounge inside. Firstly, they know how to mix a proper Caesar cocktail. We started with an order of chicken wings, which only have 1 flavour (kind of a Korean BBQ) and they were done just right and the dish was excellent. I had the fish-n-chips, which was 1 pc of lightly-breaded fresh fillet on vegetables with a side of mashed potatoes w/baked chips. It was light and excellent. My wife had an apple-pecan salad that was fresh and plentiful. Not cheap- $100 including 2 drinks each and tip but all-in-all decent relative value.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been a Las Vegas local for about a year now, and I have done my best to eat my way around the city. If there is one thing that I have come to appreciate since moving here, is that hospitality and customer service is king.
Now, I am the first to admit that I am a somewhat lazy reviewer, only really reviewing something that is either really good, or really bad.
Having said that, this is yet another example of poor customer service ruining what could have been a great meal, but we never got that far.
My wife and I approached the hostess station, and the hostess looked up and made eye contact, without a hello, and waited for me to start speaking. The second I opened my mouth, she blurts out, "I'll be with you in a minute!". It was as if she was setting me up, waiting for me to speak, just so she could shut me down.
So, I waited. Then when she was ready, she said "Can I help you?", to which I started to ask what time they started serving dinner, but all I got out was "What time do....", before she interrupted smugly with "Do you have a reservation?".
I managed to get out "No, but....", before her final declaration..."My first available is at 8pm", (it was 5:15pm) followed by a snooty stare that seemed to say, next time, think ahead, moron.
My wife and I walked away with our tails between our legs, embarrassed, and went somewhere else, where we had a great meal, then wrote this review.
I'd have given them a one, but I threw in an extra star for having a great menu. I'll bet the food was good, but I'll never know.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were seated promptly with courtesy and friendliness. We got a waiter right away. This
was the fourth time I had been at Nobhill. I had Fish and Chips. It was very good. My son
was very happy with his meal. This seems to be a traditional place that we go when at the
MGM Grand. No complaints whatsoever.