“Wonderful Experience”

Neighborhood: The Strip
Neighborhood: The Strip
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2006

I was in Las Vegas on business in April. A friend of mine met me there and we ate there 4 of the nights we were in town. The reason was that Denise is one of the nicest and most attentive managers I've ever encountered. The food was outstanding. Portions were quite large. The same friend and I hit town this week for the Consumer Electronics Show. We had one must do while in town and that was head back to the Regale for dinner. We just returned from eating. Phenomenal once again. They have a new Chef since we were there last but the food was again outstanding (and then some) The dessert prepared was mixed berries on cheesecake which Bill the Chef made up special even though our "walk" from the Barbary Coast got us there right at closing. I have sent numerous people to the restaraunt since our first stay and each has raved about the restaurant and thanked me for the suggestion. I find it hard to believe you'd find a finer Italian restaurant. I never have. By the way, I'm from Chicago (we have restaurants there and I travel several weeks a month) my friend is from Aspen. We've both worked in the restaurant field and would know what a great restaurant is. This is one.

Meridian, Idaho
“Medicore, expensive Italian”
Reviewed November 26, 2005

My wife and I are lovers of Italian food and generally we are quite lenient when it comes to quality due to that love. However after my experience at Regale, I felt I had to speak out. While chain Italian places (i.e. Olive Garden, Johnny Carinos) are often maligned, I have had a far better dining experience there than at Regale. My wife selected the classic manicotti and was rewarded with overcooked noodles and a tastless cheese covered in a less than adequate marinara sauce. I have become something of a lasanga fan, so made this as my selection, to compare with others. This "fresh"-made travesty was seasoned solely with salt and the flavors were masked in a thick layer of "bolognese," which was nothing like any other bolognese I have had and a small dallop of bechamel, which was the best tasting part of the meal. The meat and cheese in the dish was bland and the noodles overcooked. Every chain Italian restaurant I have eaten at has had a better lasagne.
The service was acceptable, though after our meal was served, the quality rapidly declined, the waitress took nearly 10 minutes to return with the credit card after we paid.
The poor quality was not a companion to low prices either, with each dish pricing in at approximately $15. I don't consider this an unreasonable price for good Italian food, I do consider this unreasonable for what we recieved. I suspect that the "Kids Eat Free" aspect of this restaurant is having a negative impact on the quality.

1 Thank diamondb
“Excellent Italian Restuarant”
Reviewed September 12, 2005

We ate at Regale when we stayed in Vegas from 8/20-8/27. Great food, excellent environment but hidden in Excalibur. The Chicken Parm was absolutely delicious and the waitstaff was excellent. When in Vegas stop by the Excalibur into Regale and have a great meal at a great price!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Regale's a hidden trreasure!”
Reviewed July 17, 2005

Recently, we returned to Vegas for our 20th+ time. We decided to have Italian for dinner. We remembered a recommendation from a friend about the Regale in the Excalibur Hotel. There were two men playing quitar and singing as we entered. The decor was authentic and reminded me of some nice restaurants in Rome. We were greeted cordially and seated at a cozy table in the raised area. We were pleasantly surprised at the large variety of entree offerings. Our waitress, Lisa, was both extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She informed us of restaurant specials, answered a few questions very knowledgeably, and quided us in ordering our wine. During the meal, even the restaurant manager, Denise, pleasantly stopped by our table and asked if everything was to our satisfaction. The strolling musicians even came by and played for us! Our four course meal was exceptional in every respect. We left Regale knowing it was a treasure that we would rediscover each time we visit Las Vegas.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member