“Never disappoints”
Review of Grape Vine Cafe

Grape Vine Cafe
Ranked #578 of 4,825 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Summerlin
Cross street: Buffalo
Description: Grape Vine Cafe, Wine Bar & Cellar offers a California bistro style cuisine with Italian and Mediterranean flares. Open seven days a week. Lovely outdoor patio and banquet area.
Las Vegas
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to Grape Street again and as always we had a great meal. I had my favorite of eggplant parmigiana which is one their best dishes. My husband and one of our friends had their veal parmigiana special. The portion was very large and it was delicious. The bread was different and not as good as they used to serve. They only take reservations for 6 or more so if you don't go early you could have to wait. They do have a bar and very extensive wine selection although we did not have any this time. Maybe on our next visit. They have an outdoor patio however it overlooks a parking lot. There is a very nice small private room for parties of 8 or more I think so remember to ask for it as the restaurant itself can get rather noisy.

• Visited January 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Grape Street great!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went to lunch at Grape Street cafe on a Friday. First visit. Great atmosphere. Nice patio space for nicer weather I noticed too. I had the special which was a hearts of palm salad with chicken. It was perfect. Nice light balsamic dressing. My friend had the steak salad with ahi tuna substituted for the steak. Rare and done perfectly. It was also fabulous. Cant wait to go back

Visited January 2014
California
“Great food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food, nice servers, amazing specials. Front desk leaves something to be desired, but still wow

Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uncomfortable Experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I tried this restaurant after hearing my cousin rave about it for two years. When we walked in, we really liked the ambiance. It was dimly lit but not in a bad way. The waiter came immediately to the table. I expected that he would urge us to try the wine because it is a wine bar. No mention of wine at all. They did leave a wine menu on the table. My boyfriend is a picky eater so we are used to pouring over a menu to see what he can eat that won't have too many extras. He likes things plain. The roasted chicken looked like a safe bet but it came with leeks in the mashed potatoes which he won't eat. We asked for baked potato instead which we were told they didn't have (then how do they make the mashed potatoes?). We asked if they could leave the leeks out of the mashed potatoes and were told no. This told me that either they don't accommodate changes or substitutions or that they aren't making their food to order which is unacceptable for a restaurant with such a great reputation. This place is not cheap either.

So, he ordered the pizza instead. I ordered the chicken Parmesan with a side of spaghetti. My meal came with soup or salad. His did not. He ordered a $7 house salad. He was not presented with dressing options. I later found out they did have two choices of house dressing. His salad came with a cherry vinaigrette which he did not like. He took one bite. When the waiter returned, he asked if everything was ok and my bf told him he didn't like the dressing. The waiter simply took it away saying nothing. He did not offer to get him anything else. Did not mention that there was a different dressing he could try. We assumed, and rightly so, we would not have to pay for this salad. We were wrong.

The pizza was mushy. They whole center was soggy. When my boyfriend mentioned this, the waiter offered to put it back in the oven. Not make a new one, put that one back in the oven. That is not acceptable. We weren't at a fast food restaurant. When my bf declined this option, the waiter was visibly annoyed. It seems so annoyed that he told his coworkers. It was obvious the staff was then talking about us.

I am not a picky eater. I will eat most anything. The menu mentioned the chicken Parmesan would be crispy. It was not. It was as if it was baked with a watery sauce. The breading was soggy. It tasted good though, so I ate it all. My side of spaghetti was very disappointing. There was a pool of water at the bottom of the bowl as if the pasta was not drained. It was clear by the taste and texture it was made in advance and reheated in boiling water, which is fine if it is drained properly.

So, when my boyfriend declined the recycled pizza, he asked instead for ravioli with chicken added (but on the side) for an additional $5. The ravioli was good. The pink sauce was heavily flavored with what tasted like wine not cooked down enough. It was reminiscent of a fairly good jarred sauce. He scraped off the sauce and ate the ravioli. I admit he is particular about how his chicken is cooked. He likes it dry, too dry for most people's liking. However, I cut into his chicken to make sure he wasn't just overreacting and it was not cooked. It was pink and rubbery inside.

When the waiter came back to our table, I showed him the chicken. He said nothing, took it and walked away. He came back to ask if we needed anything else. I politely declined and asked for our check. I also mentioned that we had a Groupon. He replied sarcastically, "Well isn't that a nice surprise." It made me feel very embarrassed and uncomfortable. Apparently we were supposed to mention our Groupon at the beginning of our meal. There are many ways he could have told us this without being rude.

The check came. We were charged for both the house salad and the undercooked chicken. Had the rest of the service gone well, I would have assumed this was an oversight. I didn't even complain. I just paid the bill and left. I tipped him 20%. I probably shouldn't have but I always feel bad for waiters who work long hours and have many rude and ungrateful customers. I am not one of those people. I am not complaining here because I am a complainer. I am just letting others know that for your money, there are likely better options.

My cousin, who is an attorney in town and somewhat of a local celebrity, gets too notch service whenever she goes there. She is accommodated with any substitutions she wants. She is demanding and always asks for her food to be made special for her. They gladly oblige. It seems that at a higher end restaurant that relies on locals for their business, all customers deserve this treatment.

One upside, the baked Brie was phenomenal.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Djirishcream
Henderson, Nevada
“Excellent m”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were a party of 10 for my husbands birthday. My friends from New York dined with us. They said it "was one of the best meals they have had." Everything was excellent! I ordered the steamed clams as an appetizer, and was wishing I had another order when I got home that night. Everyone commented on just how great the food was. Great food, great ambiance! I just wish Grape Street was closer to Green Valley, I would be there 3 times a week!

• Visited November 2013