“Not bad, not great”

Memphis Championship Barbecue
Ranked #978 of 5,297 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited Memphis Barbecue because we flew into Vegas late and it was close to our hotel. They gave us a friendly welcome, the prices are good prices and the restaurant has a fun, kitsch atmosphere. Unfortunately the food is nothing special - the meat is juicy but a bit bland and the sauces are too sweet for my taste.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was excited to try and was shot down with dissappointment. There food was plain and was nothing special besides being a tad high priced. The hype is there and nice place, but food was not to par. Go to Famous Daves or any other place that way you can taste the smoked flavor. This place used apple wood

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Anyone who knows Memphis BBQ knows exactly what to expect. While Memphis Championship Barbeque was decent, it in no way resembles the BBQ served at the famous Memphis BBQ restaurants.

I'd certainly eat there again, but at least I now know what to expect.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The sauce was ok but it felt like a toasted bun was supposed to make up for meat that wasn't hot. She also didn't bring everything we ordered. At least she didn't try and bill me for it.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Close to Nellis AFB, easy access from N. Las Vegas blvd. had both lunch and dinner and both were great. For lunch I had the Memphis bacon and bleu burger with pepper jack cheese and fries. It was phenomenal! Large portion, hot and tasty. For the dinner service I had the blacked catfish with mashed potatoes and cole slaw as sides. Again a large oration that was cooked perfectly. Prices were reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. I will go to Memphis BBQ next time I'm in Vegas.