“More of an expericence for us....”

Battista's Hole in the Wall
Reserve with OpenTable
Battista's Hole in the Wall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 4,853 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Immerse in old time Las Vegas memorabilia and enjoy authentic atmosphere. The hole in the wall has a very relaxed Italian feel to it.
“More of an expericence for us....”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This used to be our favorite restaurant in Vegas, and we'd go each time we visited (5 trips over 15 years). Either we're getting old or the novelty has just worn off for us. Food is fine (a little expensive but it is Vegas) and the location for us always works out as we stay at Harrah's or Flamingo. Service is good and we never have trouble getting in.

We love the table wine and the accordian player, but like I said, the novelty of the place just isn't there any more. The place still has that feel that the Rat Pack would have eaten there, the staff hasn't changed for the most part for our 15 years of visiting. Just something about this trip that wasn't all that.

Wife had sausage cattachatore (sp?) which was better than my veal parmaganga (sp? again). I think the chicken parm was the best of what I've had there.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Spring TX
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We decided to go to Battista's as we were walking by it since we like to try different things. The inside of the restaurant looks worn out. The memorabilia on the wall is fun to look at, but the baskets nailed to the ceiling, the worn out booths, etc just seemed dirty. The cost of the food, for what you get, I felt was very high. Everything was so mass produced. They fill up a cart with a lot of "covered plates" ready for delivery. The soup was brought out in a metal container, on a cart, dished up at the table and was barely warm. They do give you a choice of cheap wine, but if you don't drink, there is no discount. The "included" cup of cappuccino after the meal is barely warm and extremely sweet - more of a desert. The food was just average, nothing special. We had lasagna and chicken parmesan. All in all, very disappointed.

1 Thank Sherri W
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not overly friendly”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I just finished dining at Battista's and after much hype and recommendations about the restaurant from friends we were very disappointed in the lack of customer appreciation that we received. We felt like cattle, get them in and get them out. Not once were we asked how we were doing or where were we visiting from. As stated in a previous review we were in and out in less then an hour. The wine was good as were the soap, salad and bread but the entrees lacked spice (flavor). The big let down was the lack of friendliness, we felt unappreciated. The accordion player (owner) should hang up his instrument. He played us about 10 notes and stopped. As soon as I tipped him he was gone to the next table, it would have been nice to have heard a full song. I will not be recommending this dining establishment to any of my friends.

Goldsboro, North Carolina
“One of Our Favorite Restaurants!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife & I like to visit Las Vegas about once every year or two, and we eat dinner at Battista's Hole in the Wall - Italian Restaurant at least once every trip. The atmosphere there is great. The walls are covered with old Las Vegas memorabilia and photographs of stars. The Italian food is good and reasonably priced. Dinners come with salad, bread, and all of the white or red house wine you can drink. They have a bar and the place is always full of people, so you need to make reservations if you don’t want to be waiting a long time. We're planning on taking all of our grown kids there in a few months. Try it at least once, and you’ll go back too.

• Visited April 2013
“Alot of Fun!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

What a great place to eat! Food is awesome - love the all inclusive menu - Nothing fancy, just GOOD homemade food! I went with friends with whom Battista's is a family tradition when in Vegas...Will now be a tradition of mine! Was a little dark inside, but I think that just added to the ambiance... Beats the starkness of the chain restaurants in all the hotels! Loved all the memorabilia on the walls also!