“Don't waste your money!”
Review of Smith & Wollensky - Las Vegas - CLOSED

Smith & Wollensky - Las Vegas
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd S
Description: Our Las Vegas restaurant will be closing its doors from May 27th. However, we are not "leaving Las Vegas." We will be taking a brief hiatus while we create our new home for you to enjoy. Details on our brand new location for us to call home will be announced in the coming months. +++ The steaks are in your favor. In a city that offers countless ways to indulge, Smith & Wollensky provides an oasis of exceptional food and refined service all within walking distance of major attractions. Our freestanding New York-style steakhouse located right on the Strip, and our sidewalk Wollensky's Grill, are the perfect places to people-watch and soak up the city vibe. The three-story 635-plus seat restaurant offers a distinguished place to celebrate that big win, the impromptu wedding and a multitude of corporate events.
A TripAdvisor Member
north carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2005

My husband and I were referred here when we asked around at the Venetian for a recommendation for a good steak. Were we ever steered wrong. My steak was burnt on the outside, but raw on the inside. I understand searing to keep in juices, but this was just raw meat! My husband's was the same way. Neither of us could eat our food. No-one asked us how our food was and service was very poor. I would never go back again. Please, don't waste your money!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 23, 2005

I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough. From the moment we were introduced to our server Scott, to the moment we were wished goodnight, the whole evening was a delight. The old fashioned dry martini was perfect and my New York strip steak, on the bone was cooked to perfection. Our server, Scott, not only had great style, his product knowledge and enthusiasm made a great evening even better. We visited twice. The first evening was in one of the quiter back rooms, which was fine as we had just flown in from the UK. The second time was upstairs and very lively indeed, which suited us ok as we had settled down to US time by then. So give yourself a treat, make a visit and ask for Scott to serve you, then just sit back and ENJOY!

9  Thank woodfield
Reviewed November 12, 2004

Every trip to Vegas includes dinner at Smith & Wollensky. The staff is fun, atmosphere is great, and the food is always good. Portions are large so we always share and never finish. This helps our waistline and our wallets. While the steaks are good - the Crackling Pork is a unique, fantastic entree that is a must try - just don't eat the crust. We definitely recommend this restaurant and their signature dish.

4  Thank catherineandjohn134
A TripAdvisor Member
LaPlata, MD.
Reviewed October 19, 2004

10/9/04 - This was the worst steak dinner my wife and I ever experienced. I ordered a 12 oz fillet mignon and Australian lobster tail. My wife ordered the tenderloin with crabmeat special. The 1 lb lobster tail was great, but not worth $84.00. Our steaks were fat filled which we had never experienced before when ordering fillet mignon and tenderloin. My wife just stopped eating after three bites as she does not like fatty beef. We were deeply disappointed with dinner and then a $500.00 bill.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2004

Steak and three beers cost about $90 per person when I ate there. The steak was good, but for the price, it's not good value for money, unless you have more cash than sense.

8  Thank chocksaway