“Always a favorite”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd S
Description: Our Las Vegas restaurant will be closing its doors from May 27th. However, we are not "leaving Las Vegas." We will be taking a brief hiatus while we create our new home for you to enjoy. Details on our brand new location for us to call home will be announced in the coming months. +++ The steaks are in your favor. In a city that offers countless ways to indulge, Smith & Wollensky provides an oasis of exceptional food and refined service all within walking distance of major attractions. Our freestanding New York-style steakhouse located right on the Strip, and our sidewalk Wollensky's Grill, are the perfect places to people-watch and soak up the city vibe. The three-story 635-plus seat restaurant offers a distinguished place to celebrate that big win, the impromptu wedding and a multitude of corporate events.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Each time we vacation in Las Vegas going to S&W is top on our list of favorite places to dine. Last evening we enjoyed another delicious meal there. My husband had the bone-in Ribeye steak and it was top notch. I had the stuffed shrimp. We shared the always amazing truffle macaronni & cheese and the cream corn. The cream corn is a new dish that is offered. It was very good, but not exactly what I was hoping for. I would have preferred it to be a little sweet, but it wasn't, however it was good . The bread is delicious. Overall we had a great meal. The waiter was slow and not very attentive even though we were there in the early evening and they were not crowded.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

It's hard to believe many of the restaurants that are ranked above this. This is a traditional steak house. No frills...just good service, excellent food and good atmosphere. It's a little loud when it's busy. We ate at Craftsteak and spent twice as much for equivalent quality. Don't get me wrong, it's not cheap. Our bill was $188 for 2 of us plus tip.

1  Thank OCC04
Reviewed June 7, 2013

-Filet Mignon with au poivre sauce was fantastic.
-The guys who had the T-bones all said they were brilliant
-Service was excellent

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were in Vegas to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and eventhough we knew that if was an older restaurant, furthur from the main strip, my husband wanted to go for a meal during our stay. We had made reservation in advance, and arrived early because we were going to see a show after. Since it was not too busy, we had all the waiters available; the service was excellent! We were seated in a quiet area. Before we ordered, they brought us a ~Happy Anniversary~ card; we had mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary when we made our reservation. This was a nice gesture from their part. My husband loved his steak and my sashimi tuna was ok; we were quite full because we shared an entry of fried calamart so, we didn`t ordered dessert. Surprisingly, they brought us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary; we thought it was very thoughtful of them. We had a very nice dinner, and would return to Smith & Wollensky when in Vegas again!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

It was my birthday and I decided to I wanted a good steak. I normally love Smith and Wollensky and it was walking distance from my hotel, so I made a reservation for 3 at 7:30. We were seated immediately and ordered drinks...so far, so good. I ordered the Cajun Ribeye...medium...with whipped potatoes, esparagus and wild mushrooms (sides to share). I LOVE spiced food, but this ribeye was soooo spiced (which burnt terribly and made a charcoal crust on the steak) it completely overpowered the flavor of the meat. Although the outside "crust" was very burnt, the inside was cooked medium. The other problem was my meat was gummy....yep, hard to chew. Honestly the worst steak I've ever had at a steakhouse. Another person with me ordered the same and she said hers was "good". I tried hers, and it was not nearly as spicy, not nearly as burnt on the crust and also better texture. I wouldnt say it was delicious, but much better than mine. She tried mine and spit it out. The third person had the rack of lamb and really enjoyed it. When the waitress saw I was not eating, she asked how everything was and I told her mine was gummy and too spicy. She apologized, said she would tell the kitchen, but did not offer to make me a new one. When the bill came, I was charged for a steak I did not like, did not eat and did not want. She offered to wrap it to go and I told her, again, I did not like it. She again apologized, but did not take it off the bill. I paid, tipped 18% and left, very upset and still hungry.