“Good food and good service”

Fiamma Italian Kitchen
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The place was busy when we went so we sat at tall tables in the bar. In spite of that, service was excellent, friendly and efficient. We split everything and there was no problem with the kitchen doing that. Highly recommend the the seafood risotto, the rice was perfect, salads are fresh with just the right amount of dressing. If you like beef carpaccio, it was well done and seasoned with a nice mustard sauce. With the exception of sliced raw mushrooms on the carpaccio (never seen that before) the meal was great. A good wine list compliments the excellent menu. Would go again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The decor and ambience is lovely, the quality of the food was very good, but as with many of the "finer" restaurants inside hotels in Vegas, everything comes with price premium. Most disappointing for me (a red wine fan) was that the cheapest bottle of red wine came in at around $60 (£40) - prices ran up to around the $500 per bottle mark. I'm used to paying about £7 per bottle at home (albeit £15-20 for the cheapest bottles in fancy restaurants). So I wasn't prepared to pay double for an "unknown" wine, even in Vegas. Bottled beers are about $7 each and so it's probably better to stick to that.

We got an antipasto platter to share which was a perfect size for two (even though they expect it to only serve one - portion sizes in America are massive). A drink each, and a main course each (one pasta dish, one chicken dish). The bill came to about $130. So not cheap.

I'm glad we went there, but don't think I would go back, if that makes sense. If you are prepared for the prices I don't think you would be disappointed but we ate just as well, for less in other places.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Much more expensive than we thought it should be, but admittedly in line with some other restaurants in the MGM Grand. My strip steak was a little dry, but the sauce was very good. My wife was disappointed by her lobster bisque.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

When we sat down we though about getting some nice Lasagna and not much more.

After ordering a bottle of Moscato d'Asti and checking the daily special I decided to go for the Porterhouse steak and Lobster.

It was mind blowing good. An absolute blast. My wife's lasagna was good as well but my steak topped everything.
So we were really happy with our choice.

I should also mention that the daily special does cost a bit more than the average menu, but if you order without asking and then complain about the price as a guy a few reviews below is just stupid. Either you want it and then do not complain about the price or ask and then don't order it.

1  Thank Berickus
Reviewed February 21, 2013

On Friday Feburary 15, 2013 my family (10 of us all together) went to a restaurant to celebrate my daughter's 30th birthday and my husband's 60th birthday. We made reservations for 10 at 7o'clock at Fiamma. When we arrived (at 7pm) there was less than probably a handful of tables inside with people seated. Which obviously left TONS of tables with no one at them. We ended up waiting for an additional 10 minutes out in the hall of the casino before they would seat us. We finally got to our table and I immediately informed the waiter that we would need separate checks and I asked him if he would like for me to explain how that was going to work now or wait until the end of the meal. He told me he would take care of it after we had eaten and would work up the bills at that point. We had to ask several times for water, bread and butter. At one point someone at one end of our table asked for more bread and the waiter responded quite sarcastically that TWO other people had already asked for more bread and he would take care of it. Our order was not taken until we were there for almost an hour. The waiter told us our order went in at 8:03pm. The waiter also made what I felt was a inappropriate comment about two people at our table who had decided to share a meal. The food finally came out at approximately 8:30ish and we were beginning to get concerned since we had tickets to a show at 9:30pm and obviously the service up to this point was not wonderful. The waiter assured me that we would be out in plenty of time to make our show. Now obviously the service up to this point was pretty lousy but what happened next was MORE irritating. Our youngest daughter has nut and seed allergies. She carries Benadryl and an Epi Pen with her at all times. Her favorite dish is Fettuccini and THAT was clearly marked on the menu as having pine nuts SO she ordered something different. Something that was NOT indicated in anyway as containing nuts or seeds. After two bites he started to feel her throat close up and her lips began to swell. We called over the waiter and asked him if nuts were used in this dish and he said "anytime you see the word Pesto there are nuts involved.....ALL Pesto is made with pine nuts". He made it seem as though it were her fault for not knowing this but NO ONE at our table had ever heard that before either. We were lucky in that within our family seated at the table was a doctor, a nurse and a pharmacist and they were able to help her through this. The manager came over and offered to get security and an EMT. To be fair security and the EMT personnel were quick to get her assistance. They quickly gave her oxygen, a shot of Benadryl, gave her a breathing treatment and monitored her heart. Meanwhile back at the restaurant the bill was presented as ONE even though we had informed the waiter at the beginning that we would need separate bills, our daughter's meal had been comp-ed however her husband's meal was still on the bill. He had eaten MAYBE a third of it when our daughter (his wife) started the allergic reaction and needed medical help. He obviously left with her and wasn't able to finish his meal. When this was brought to the attention of the management they finally agreed to comp his as well. When we told the waiter we would need the bill divided he made a comment that he could do it but it would take awhile. Now at this point our daughter was in a wheel chair and on top of everything else had vomited (no she was not drinking alcohol during at all, she had been drinking diet coke) and was still receiving oxygen. The EMT told her she would need to get back to her room and rest because she would probably become sleepy after the shot of Benadryl. They offered to get her a cab which she and my son in law agreed to BUT they ended up having to pay for the fare. Now...YES the service was HORRIBLE to say the least however as a mother I would think the very least that could be done would be to add a notation to the menu that the Pesto was made with pine nuts. This could have ended tragically but luckily my daughter is ok however I do not want another family to ever experience this. It literally changed the whole course of our celebration and the entire reason we were all in Vegas. The night was ruined and the evening was over. We went to the manager of the casino and was given the name of a person in risk management to contact. My daughter has called three times and I have called twice and only TODAY....almost one week later....my daughter finally got a return call and was informed that they were following up to see if she was ok. SERIOUSLY SIX days LATER?? I feel as though the very least they could have done for them is to pay for their cab fare and the follow up doctor visit that she is having to do and the very least I want is the menu to be changed. EVEN WHITE CASTLE has a sticker on the drive up window that states they use shell fish and warns of possible allergy issues. I would think after an almost $400.00 meal Fiamma would be considered a much higher end restaurant than White Castle but at this point I'd rather eat there.

1  Thank Pat G