“Great if you like steak - Not so great if you don't.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gallagher's Steakhouse

Gallagher's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gallagher's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 4,767 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tropicana
Boulder, CO
“Great if you like steak - Not so great if you don't.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

Steak is not my thing, so I'll say that up front. I wound up getting 2 appetizers instead - shrimp cocktail & the wedge salad. They were both exceptional. My husband very much enjoyed his house NY Strip. Our waiter was very nice, personable & knowledgeable. My husband asked for a drink that they do not make as a standard (Pimms Cup) and they looked the recipe up online and made if for him. The atmosphere was very loud, so I would not recommend it for an intimate dinner, or one in which you want to have a conversation! Overall, it was a nice experience.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Texas
“Loved this place--don't forget the mac&cheese...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

We really had a good time at this steakhouse. I had the filet and my husband had the sirloin. We shared the mac and cheese--it was the best I have every had! I would go back just to eat that.
Our waiter was really attentive but not overly.
Lovely wine list.
We ate at many restaurants while there and this is one of my top two.
Will definitely eat there when we go back...liked the atmosphere. It was nice but laid back and relaxing.

geroge4982
“Great Food.. Too expensive for the quality of service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

I work as a server in a fine dining restaurant and therefore have high expectations. My boyfriend and I dined here our first night in Las Vegas, and were very dissapointed with the quality of service. The food was really good, but we were rushed through it, and basically pushed out the door at 11pm (when they close), after having a 3 course meal. The busser was completely unprofessional and rude, and the manager seemed to be on the same level. The entire time we were eating we could not focus on anything besides the clanging of dishes and the servers side conversations. The servers were also using there cell phones on the floor and drinking soda right in front of us. While eating our $41. filets (we added sauce which costs 2.00 extra), we were asked if we were through four times. It was clear that our plates were not empty and we were still working on our dinners. Finally after the fourth time I was asked I questioned the busser as to what time they closed. He said we are closed now, without offering an apology or trying to make us not feel rushed. Then he returned with a tablecloth which he placed over the ledge for when the table needed to be re-set. There were three other seated tables in the restaurant that went through the same treatment. At my work this would never be acceptable, it is a known fact that if a table is sat at 10:30 they probably will not be out at closing by 11:00. What was meant to be a romantic dinner ($220. with one app, a $40. bottle of wine, and two entrees and two sides) was rushed and ruined. We made the best of it, but I felt the need to write about this experience, because I believe there are many better restaurants where the guests are treated with appreciation as they should be.

2 Thank geroge4982
Yorkshire, England
“Expensive but great steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

Went as a part of a 12 strong wedding party.

They had no problem fitting us all around a very large table, the food was really very good but not cheap but worth treating yourself once in a while.

el paso
“Good steak but expected better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

We heard about this place from a friend, and he said it was the best steak he ever had. His father probably cooks the best home-cooked steaks, so naturally we tooks his advice. We made reservations at 5:00 on a Saturday and arrived on time and was seated promptly. There was four of us, two couples. and we sat at a nice booth, and the restuarant was about 1/2 full. Our waiter came to us promplty and he was very nice and very helpful. They had a water guy named Juan, and he was consistently checking on our water, which was good for me and my friend since we were trying to re-hydrate. We did not order and salads and the waiter was very helpful with the wine list. My friend and I ordered the $38 cowboy steak, my wife had the $39 aged new york cut, and my friends wife had the filet mignon and lobster. Our sides was the sauteed spinach, mushroom medley, and the baked potato. The cowboy steak was good and portion was plentiful, however it was not the best steak ever. We have a local place here that serves a better steak for less. The aged new york cut was also good. The lobster and the mushroom was the best I ever tasted. The spinach was average. We have never splurged this much on a meal in Vegas, so we decided to try it, and overall we enjoyed ourselves. We'll probably pick a different place next time.

1 Thank vegasmongoose

Been to Gallagher's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!