“Too expensive, poor service... spend your $$ elsewhere”

Gallagher's Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Enjoy the finest dry-aged beef and fresh seafood at Gallagher's Steakhouse, a New York City original since 1927.
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We went there with a group of co-workers - 6 of us in total. We ordered a variety of different steaks but none were really up to par. My new york strip was overcooked (I had asked for rare) and the side order of fries were rather cold. Additionally, we had to call the manager to take our wine order as the waiter basically was not returning to our table. This was on a Sunday night and the restaurant was not totally full. Very disappointed by the food and service. Was really not worth the spend.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the old school New York atmosphere the restaurant provided. For $50, the New York strip was OK, but not great. The Mac and cheese was good and is shareable. Our server was kind but service was slow. For a couple drinks, sides, and 2 steaks your looking at almost a $200 bill with tip. There are better restaurants to spend that money on in Vegas.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

This was amazing! We went here a few years ago for our anniversary and have been dying to go back since then. We just went back last week and OMG it did not disappoint! The food is absolutely amazing, everything we ordered was fantastic! I would highly recommend this place. This is not a place for cheap food, it is good and pricey but worth every cent!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016

Great steak house with excellent service, not cheap but definitely worth the extra for that special night. The porterhouse is massive and I definitely would not get starters if you have a steak, my wife had the oysters and even then was practically full before the entrée. Wine is also expensive but as I said for the special occasion it was worth it 10 out of 10 for me.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

I went to Gallagher's Steak House last Wed night with my family for dinner. I ordered the wedge salad which was very good. I ordered the prime rib and a side of mashed potatoes, The prime rib was just so so, it lacked flavor. For the price I was expecting better. The potatoes were even worse, they really tasted like something you would find at a high school cafeteria or at a cheap Vegas buffet. My in laws got the scallop appetizer, it was expensive, small and tasted fishy. Not worth $16 for 3 little scallops with bacon.