“Your standard casino steakhouse”

Gallagher's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gallagher's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 4,955 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tropicana
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The service was nice. The food was good. Everything was comfortable. This is not a complaint about the restaurant. I just believe casino need to do something to justify the pricing. They charge more to deliver the same standard. Every casino has a steakhouse, an Italian eatery, a noodle restaurant. And they all are almost interchangeable. Some go to a higher standard -- like Il Mulino. Others just take the premium money due to location. Since casinos make a growing share of their profits from shows and dining -- they need to do better.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We arrived at Ghallaghers when the restaurant was very busy and was surprised they could find a table for 8 people at short notice. We waited 30 minutes whilst a table was cleared and set up for us and had a great pint of Guinness from the bar, no different from at home in the UK.

Once seated, a very nice waitress served us and explained the menu choices very clearly. Our party chose a mixture of lobster, crab and steak dishes, I had a NY strip steak which was their house speciality. Wanted to compare it to the NY strip steak I had a couple of days previous at the Strip House in Planet Hollywood. The meals arrived within 20-30 minutes with a great selection of sides. My steak was large but unlike the other I had, was on the bone and was very fatty. I did not enjoy as much and were too many sides for us to finish. The service was first class though and the staff should be commended for it.

For extra entertainment value, another diner fell asleep at his table and was left by his friends. Very amusing!

I would re-visit this restaurant if I returned to Las Vegas but would try something else on the menu.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

My third trip to Gallaghers, previous two were excellent, great steaks, good value, decent atmosphere.
This time, despite booking weeks in advance, they did not have a table ready for us, so seated us in a side room on our own, which meant the atmosphere was a little eerie and service was poor as our server was working in the room to the side.
Most disappointing of all, the quality of the steaks was really poor compared with previous visits - not great!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We actually had three very good meals in Vegas. This was our first. Everywhere we went, the service was excellent and the food was very good. And every restaurant is very expensive (too expensive actually - for what you get). But that's just how things are in Vegas these days.

There are LOTS of steak places in Vegas and after reading reviews of all of them - we decided on coming here. They all serve basically the same thing, but Gallagher's had the best prices. It was a good thing we had reservations on a Tuesday night, because it was packed - obviously a very popular place.

Our waiters were wonderful (they deserve 5 stars) - very attentive but not rushing us. The bread was really good and they kept refilling our bread basket and butter and water glasses.

I ordered the prime rib and my husband ordered the ribeye. Both were very good, both HUGE. The average couple could easily just split a main. We had left overs and had it for lunch the next day which made the value of our dinner better. The mushroom side was also very tasty and of decent size. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the wait staff. Overall, it was a fun, enjoyable evening, and I'd go there again.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Ate here for a business dinner, the food was good and the service was as expected from a high end steak house. I will say, the dinning room was very loud which made it difficult to talk business.