“Carnivore Delight!”

Gallagher's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gallagher's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tropicana
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Be prepared to indulge your inner caveman (-woman)! Leave the Vegans and Fish lovers home. Haven't had appetizers because I can JUST get through the meals. I usually start with Wedge Salad (Iceberg quarter with blue cheese, cherry tomatoes, bacon) or Gallagher's Veggie Salad (mixed greens, vinaigrette). Plenty of different breads on table so save any other carbs for wine or desert.

Favorite is the Filet Mignon, 9 or 10 oz and super tasty. The bone in Sirloin is almost 14 oz and great too. You can almost cut them with a fork they're so tender. If you MUST have something other than meat, get the King Crab legs (look like the pod legs from Tom Cruise War of the World and were hanging over edges of plate). Sampled the Veal Chop once and that was very good. Best side is sautéed spinach (butter and garlic) although French Green Beans good too.

Always check the wine list for specials. I no longer order cocktails but get a glass or 2 with the meal. Reds or whites by the glass or bottle are available and the list is extensive.

Once again save room for desert! The best is the Toffee Bread Pudding although the Chocolate Lava Cake is decadent as well. Get the coffee but accompany this with either a fine port, ice wine or moscato. After dinner liqueurs are extensive as well.

Ambience is typical NY steakhouse since this place IS the ORIGINAL NY steakhouse so the walls are decorated with the photos / pictures of the famous and infamous of NYC entertainment, sports, media, crime and politics. Prices are what you expect for a Las Vegas casino steak establishment but more reasonable than the other "name" restaurants. Make reservations because it's always busy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

the restaurant is lively, great food and great service. if you are staying in the hotel and can't decide where to go try it its very good.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family dined together for a wonderful meal at Gallagher's during a recent stay at the New York, New York Hotel. While this is not an inexpensive restaurant, the food is of the highest quality. Like many steakhouses, the side dishes are ordered separately. We ordered three side dishes for the table of six and it was plenty of food. The salads were delicious as well. I particularly enjoyed the heirloom tomato and heart of palm salad. I am not a meat eater and ordered the salmon as my main course. It was some of the best salmon I have ever had--cooked to perfection and presented in a light lemon sauce. Those who ordered steak ate every bite of their very large portions. My son enjoyed the rib eye and several others at the table loved the aged New York strip. The restaurant also offered a nice wine list and we were easily able to find a wine to complement our main courses. This is a wonderful restaurant from service to ambiance to food. We would definitely return here again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Sat at the bar and ordered a late afternoon meal.
Had the Spinach salad. Was very fresh and flavorful, a nice mix.
Ordered the Filet Mignon. It came cooked to perfection.
Was a very thick slice, very tender, lean and excellent in every way. I will definitely be back next trip to try the ribeye.
Only complaint I have here is I asked the bartender upon paying to have points added to my M-Life card. I gave him the card, but he never put the points on. Found out later when I checked my account.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Before our trip to Vegas we knew we wanted to eat at Gallagher's in New York New York hotel and Casino. We had visited the Gallagher's in New York City a couple of years ago and enjoyed the meal so much we wanted to try this one out. Our trip was planned to incorporate our wedding anniversary. So when I called a few months ago the hostess wanted to know if it was for a special occasion, I told her yes. My husband had the wedge salad, I had the Caesar salad. Then the main course was a Filet Minion for me and the Cowboy Rib-Eye for him. Both shared the potato wedgies and onion rings. Needless to say we were stuffed.

The wait staff was also a delight. Sam was our waiter but there was a waiter who strictly took care of appetizers and salads, another the main course and the whole time Sam made sure everything was perfect. Once we finished our dinner we enjoyed just sitting there and all of a sudden Sam appeared with a special dessert with a chocolate drop that said "Happy Anniversary." Since it was months ago when I made the reservations it caught me off guard but my husband was very surprised. Because he knew I hadn't talk to the hostess nor had a gotten up from the table at any time. Sam made the night.

I highly recommend Gallagher's when in Vegas and ask for Sam.