“Best meal I had in Vegas...better than anything I had on the Strip.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotus of Siam

Lotus of Siam
Ranked #38 of 4,767 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Macon, Georgia
“Best meal I had in Vegas...better than anything I had on the Strip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I read about this place in a blog I subscribe to called "Serious Eats." They raved about it and said it was some of the best Thai food in the country. Well, I don't know about that and I'm certainly no Thai expert, but this food was freakin delicous. My husband and I went during lunch to eat cheaply. I had every intention of ordering off of their extensive menu, but we eventually decided on the buffet. On the buffet that day was yellow curry chicken, pad thai, and orange chicken as well as a few soups, fried rice, chicken wings, fried bananas, etc etc. I gorged myself on that yellow curry chicken. It was amazing. Omg, my mouth waters just thinking about it. Don't leave Vegas without eating here. Better than any strip buffet or restaurant that I tried. I want it now. $12 lunch buffet. Yummers. -25 yr old lady

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Thompson, Canada
“This is GREAT FOOD, that happens to be Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I want to join the chorus in favour of Lotus. I have rarely done negative reviews (although I have started to do more general reviews). Instead I go to the same locations time after time...and Lotus is one.

Everything is good, but of the apps try the Prawns in a blanket (Koong Sarong) or the Stuffed chicken wings. Any Tom Yum Soup will satisfy. The Papaya Salad or the spicy Shrimp on greens are my favorites. For mains there are several choices. I prefer to go with themes (I like Red curry for instance). Pork (especially the Northern dishes) and the fish are specialties. Nua Soa (Beef) is really good. You will never go wrong with Issan Sausage Drunken Noodles (MY favorite has the crispy Shrimp) Northern Larb or the Kang Omn. My wiofe insists, each time we go, on the Kha Non Jean Nan Ngyow (which is the restaurants answer to Singapore noodles).

My wife and I never have a bad meal here. And the wine list is spectacular. If you wanted a really inexpensive meal one might be disappointed, it is a fair price, but not cheap. Staff are always attentive and will assist if you give them the chance. The only real problem is that it is usually so busy that you need to make a reservation (despite several expansions).

When I first went many years ago, it was good, not great...and then it got really bad, so I quit going. Eventually I came back, still many years ago. There were new owners and the food and the food was terrific and as time has gone on the service has become first class.

We have taken whatever travelers we are with whenever we go and have never had less than a rave (I always have trepidation when doing that, I hate when the restaurant has an off night when I bring guests - but Lotus NEVER has).

• Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“True Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This restaurant has genuine Thai food. The Pad Thai is the real thing, as are the Musaman and Panang dishes. Everything we had was delicious.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ellenrh
“Very disappointing!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I double checked to make sure we went to the right restaurant. I would rate the food as edible but not good. Very disappointing after reading all of the reviews. Wasted money on the cab ride in addition to the bill.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank C P
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the trip off the vegas strip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pick up the phone and make a reservation right now! This is a restaurant experience that you don't want to miss while in Vegas! We went here because of the great reviews I read online, and it lived up to the hype. The garlic shrimp is amazing. A must order. We also had the crispy duck in curry which, in my mother's words, was the best duck she's ever had. Go here if you want authentic yet unique Thai food. For the wine connoisseurs, there are hundreds of wines to select from. They have a very comprehensive wine list.

• Visited May 2013