“Better than what we ate during our travels throughout Asia!”
Review of Lotus of Siam

Lotus of Siam
Ranked #38 of 4,891 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
“Better than what we ate during our travels throughout Asia!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've traveled through SE Asia quite a bit and have such vivid memories of the foods we discovered during our travels. Assuming that we could never find such authentic flavors here in the States, this restaurant completely proved us wrong. We read so much about this restaurant and was top of our list of off-strip restaurants to try during a recent trip to Vegas. The restaurant is about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the strip and the location is literally in a strip mall in what doesn't appear to be a great area of town. Certainly nothing fancy, but it didn't need to be because it's all about the food here. My husband and I took our 2 young children there for lunch and had one of the best meals we've ever had. The flavors are so complex and delicious, and incredibly authentic. We ordered off the northern Thai menu (the menu is huge), and as we usually do, asked our server to guide us on his favorites as we find this leads to the best choices since the staff knows the food the best. The kids love chicken sa-tay and tofu soup so they enjoyed those items, and we were guided towards the Kang Care (red curry), Sai Oua (sausage), Larb (ground pork) and Nam Prik (red chili dip)- all phenomenal choices. Truly can't say enough about this food. The wine list is huge as well, service was great, all around just a wonderful experience. Loved it so much that we went back for dinner another day of our trip and had just as great of an experience! If you're a big fan of Thai cuisine, do not miss this place. Inexpensive prices were an added bonus....

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Deelicious Dive!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow! Never saw that coming! delicious joint in the most inconspicuous of locations!- Make sure to have teh pad thai!

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“One of the best Thai places ever.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

It's been a while sine I've had Thai food blow me away. Between all the mediocre pad see ew and pad Thai.
I wasn't too enthusiastic about going to a Thai place in Vegas. I was telling my wife, we should be eating somewhere else.
Vegas is not exactly a hot bed of the Thai community. Boy, was I wrong.
Going up to the front door, I was underwhelmed. The location is in an old outdoor strip mall, that look like its seen better days. Then you go up to a stereotypical asian restaurant store front, with one store front with an aluminum door. Then you walk in. Wow! What a difference. There's a full wine cellar in here. The service was very good but the food was amazing. I have to say this place is a must an I will make it a point to visit every time I'm in town. Oh, make sure you have reservations because if you show up late, the line goes out the door.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hideousme
LA
“To die for”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This food is so good!! Everytime i visit Vegas i eat here. I always get their garlic prawn, crab rice, and charbroiled prawn with fresh chili and lime. its to die for!!!!!!!!!!

Its not in the best area but its worth it. There's alot of poor people and its not well lit.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank B M
Toronto
“Excellent curries”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on the high ranking on TA. It certainly was a great choice. The restaurant is located in a strip mall with ample parking. It is quite a large restaurant and very busy. It is quite nice inside, with friendly fast service. We ordered the Northern Style Tom Kah Kai (Spicy Chicken Soup) from the Northern Menu, and the red curries as well as the Musaman curry (both with chicken) for mains. All three were outstanding. This is probably the best Thai meal we have had (and we have spent time in both Thailand and Laos).

• Visited April 2013