“Great”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Great”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of 10. Everyone with us enjoyed their food. A little worried when we pulled in the parking lot and even when we walked in the front door but once u walk through the entrance it was very nice. Our service was great and the food was great.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Best Thai food in US!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The Lotus ranks very high among Vegas restaurants, and I have dined at many Thai places in the US and in Thailand. This was the best restaurant I have experienced outside Thailand. All of the traditional dishes were on the menu, but also a page of northern Thai specialities. I found it very difficult to decide what to eat. I chose a favorite of mine, green papaya salad spice level 7. It was delicious and the heat was spot on. My friend chose squid larb. This was also very nice. For my principal plate, I went with something new; pounded breadfruit. The menu described the texture and flavor similar to artichoke hearts and this was an accurate comparison. I loved it. Everything about Lotus of Siam was perfect. We spent much of our time watching what others had selected and it all looked amazing. Finished w/ sweet sticky rice and mango slices. Do not miss this restaurant if you like quality Thai food and arrive early if you do not have a reservation.

2 Thank GreggeryPeccary
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Not Into Thai Food But Come Back Here”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I'm not really into Thai food but was with friends who love Thai food so I tagged along. The restaurant like a dump from the outside especially from Sahara Blvd. The entrance is actually on the parking lot/strip mall side and it looks better from that angle but still a little dark and seedy. Once in the restaurant, it is well lit and very large. If you can get a reservation, do so or expect a wait. The menu is Northern Thai style and has an extensive selection to choose from. They also have a good selection of wines. We ate family style and had Wor Wonton soup (very tasty), Thai Pad, Northern Style Sausage (spicy but not super hot), Thai Fried Rice, Roasted Duck Curry, Shrimp with Oyster Sauce and Drunken Noodle Seafood. Even though we ordered mild spice in everything, some of the dishes still had a bit of a kick. The food was very good and my friends raved about it. We didn't try any of the catfish dishes but heard they were very good too. The prices are reasonable especially for Las Vegas. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you enjoy Thai food and are not looking for atmosphere.

Irvine, California
“Don't let the outside fool you!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Undoubtedly the best Thai for ever! I was worried when i saw the location and the look of the place on the outside, but it was so amazing. The waiter recommended a few new items and I was not disappointed. Get away from the strip and the tourists and enjoy a real meal!

• Visited September 2012
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“German wine with Thai food?! A perfect match!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

As we drove into a questionable neighborhood in search of this well regarded restaurant, we wondered if we were lost. Then we turned around and there it was...in an unassuming strip mall as noted in other reviews.

Once we walked in the door, the many positive reviews paid off, there was an amazing wine display along with countless written reviews framed on the wall. Of special note was the incredible list of German Rieslings. At a Thai place? When we asked the wait staff, he told us that spicy Thai food goes well with these sweet wines. Well, we took his word for it and it was a PERFECT match! We ordered a variety of dishes and by far the best was the Drunken Noodles with duck. Incredible!

We look forward to going back to this local favorite off the Strip on a future Vegas trip.

• Visited September 2012