“It is the best Thai Restaurant”
Review of Lotus of Siam

Lotus of Siam
Ranked #35 of 4,825 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport Beach
“It is the best Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to go here and my friends who live in Vegas took us here. It was incredible. We had the crispy duck, seabass, catfish, the pad tai, and a soup. Sorry I don't know the correct name. However there were four of us and we had a great time. Everything was great. The location is pretty dicey but it was worth it.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Oak Brook Illinois
“What a great dining experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Dining at Lotus of Siam is always a great experince. I have dined there dozens of times, and never leave without smiling. I have to admit that I am in a kind of a rut, I have gravitated to only four or five dishes. Can't help it, I think that I have found what my palate enjoys. I will try other dishes with other people, but I have to have my staples. I love their prawn in a blanket (#8), and thier NAM KAO TOD (#14), crispy rice salad. For your entre', you cannot believe their deep fried Sea Bass in a sweet and sour sauce, it's unlike any fish plate that you have ever tasted. My wife will not have any entre except their whole deep fried catfish. Of all of the other dishes we have eaten there, I do not remember any that we have not liked, we just like some of them much more than others. They will serve all dishes to order as far as heat (spiceness) goes, from one to ten.
We seldom order anything above a five.

Boise, Idaho
“The Best Thai Food That I Have Ever Had . . .”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

One of my girlfriends lived in Las Vegas for several years and recommended that we go to dinner at Lotus of Siam. It is in an extremely bad neighborhood and difficult to find... it seems to be a gem that only the locals know about.

We went to the restaurant with no reservation at 9:30pm on a Friday night, and were fortunate that there was no wait (as a sign on the door states that walk-ins can expect a one to two hour wait).

This restaurant served the best thai food that I have ever had. We ordered the shrimp lemongrass soup (yum), the crispy rice (appetizer), five entrees, and several glasses of wine. For five people, the total bill came to $111. It was reasonably priced and we carted a doggie bag home.

I HIGHLY recommend the soft shelled crab drunken noodles and the crispy panang duck!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank VictoriaJoy
Dallas, Texas
“Take Notice of the Lotus”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I saw the Lotus of Siam restaurant on an episode of the television show Top Chef Masters and thought it would be worth a visit the next time we were in Vegas...We stopped, we tried and we loved it.
The location was a bit of a surprise as it's located in an old-looking strip shopping center. The entrance is small and uninviting and I started to wonder if this trip off-the-strip was going to be worth it.
We were both absolutely thrilled with the food....pages and pages of selections. We're certainly not experts in Korean food but we do love it. The waiter was very gracious and helped us make our decision by answering all our questions. The stuffed chicken wing appetizer was incredible....entrees were fabulous and their wine list was quite extensive. My husband even found a Peju Cabernet served by the glass!
The atmosphere is casual and welcoming to those having a business dinner or a family having dinner out to a couples dinner.
I imagine anything we chose off the menu would be great as I saw what others ordered too....we'll return again and I'm prepared to be more adventurous on the next visit.

1 Thank Diane W
SF
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

What a huge disappointment. We watched the Top Chef show on Vegas and how all the chefs go to Lotus of Siam when in town. I am not sure why because our meal was so mediocre and the food just uninspiring.
We love Thai food and in the SF area you can get so much excellent Thai food. So we expected even better at Lotus since an entire show was based around the Lotus Chef and Thai ingredients. Wrong. From the soup to the main dish we were hugely disappointed. The flavors were missing or too much of salt or in case of the soup overpowering lemon. We had the fried chicken wings Thai style because it is one of our favorites and clearly these were deep fried wings quickly coated with some sweet sauce that did not even have time to soak in. The place was packed and the food came very quickly. Always a bad sign. The house special fried rice was very good and if you eat there please try it.
I would not recommend or go back. We ate Thai earlier at Satay Bistro and it was excellent as it was cheap. We plan to go back there.

1 Thank SFjoe