“Food excellent, but service didn't match the quality of the food”
Review of Postrio Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Postrio Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Mountain
Transit: Taxi pickup and drop-off and city area transit bus stop. Easy access from the Las Vegas Monorail.
Description: Wolfgang Puck's Postrio Bar & Grill introduces an exciting new concept and menu plus a stunning new look! Located at The Venetians Grand Canal Shoppes in St. Marks Square, Postrio presents a contemporary version of the classic "bar and grill" in a spectacular, new setting. The restaurant offers casual as well as sophisticated fine dining that can be enjoyed either as a relaxed, leisurely dining experience or as a comfortable, quick-bite. The new menu accentuates Pucks trademark standards for creating incomparable tastes and features soups, salads and small bites, wood-oven baked pizzas, handmade pastas, enticing entrees and meats and fish from the mesquite grill.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Started with half a dozen oysters that were quite small and tasted ok but hardly the best I've had. Our main courses were excellent; my wife had Scottish Salmon and I had the Alaskan Halibut. My wife was delighted with her salmon but my halibut was over cooked. The presentation of our food was excellent and the accompaniments were well chosen to enhance flavour.

For dessert, we shared a chocolate soufflé that was over cooked.

This was my first visit to Postrio. I would be prepared to try again to see if standards can be maintained and hopefully the service could come with a smile and make us feel like we're valued.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was nice to be “back” in St Mark’s square without having to fly to Venice. This area of the Palazzo is simply beautiful and we know Wolfgang Puck restaurants have some great pizza!

What I liked:
-Simply beautiful location
-We shared our two large pizzas – mushroom and sausage – very delicious!
-There was some free entertainment in from the mall’s singers that was amusing
-excellent service and great suggestions!
-based on Vegas prices – this meal was very affordable!

What I didn't like:
-The ginger lime tea seemed to have too much bitters and not enough ginger

Reviewed July 3, 2014

At first I was a bit nervous as the menu is quite limited. However, the quality of the food is outstanding. Ingredients were fresh and preparation was perfect. Very impressed and will be back!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The setting is marvelous being in St. Marks Square and we went on Father's Day. The service was superb and we ended up taking several of the waiter's suggestions. I had the bottomless Bloody Mary which was quite a bargain as you end up with a flask of Vodka that you use at the Bloody Mary Bar and the flask if refilled when you leave. The salad we had was light and airy as well as tasty. We shared an oversized entree of ribs and brined chicken (fried), The ribs were ordinary but the chicken was tender, crisp, and packed with flavor. We had a special dining experience and would go back again if in Vegas. We used the Tix4Tonight discount coupon which made the price very reasonable when you consider the high quality of ambience and food. Just delightful!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We visited this restaurant on two occasions while staying at the Venetian and both times the food was excellent. We also ordered out a few pizzas which we took to our room. It is a terrific place for lunch.