“Great food but service...not so good.”
Review of Canaletto

Canaletto
Reserve with OpenTable
Canaletto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand Canal Shops at The Venetian
Description: Located on the Canal at the Venetian Resort. Enjoy award winning authentic Italian cuisine. Breathtaking views of St. Mark's Square, the Grand Canal, and gondolas passing below. Created by the founders of Il Fornaio restaurants, Canaletto is the ultimate Venetian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007. Open for lunch and dinner daily. Private rooms are available with an event coordinator on-site.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had our wedding reception dinner at Canaletto. Our group of nearly 30 was broken up into two tables and they began to treat us as two separate parties, one table had not even put in their drink order and the other was already drinking and getting salads before I found the manager who eventually remedied the situation. The food was great and the price was good. The final straw for me was that they didn't ensure I received Grazie credit for my purchase. I won't be going back to this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent food and service at this great restaurant, we had risotto and it was deliscious! We all liked the food!

1  Thank Scott E
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife had the canneloni pollo and I had scallops. Both were phenomenal. Was able to walk up at dinner time on a thursday evening. We chose to sit inside and loved the decor.

1  Thank jrush21785
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Again a restaurant at the Venetian which was superb, The best Risotto I have ever eaten. A stage in the outside area with a musical performance, very entertaining.

1  Thank Raye E
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place deserves better reviews than people are giving it. I guess it comes down to experience - some people have servers or cooks on bad days - but for me and my girlfriend, we have nothing bad to say.

This was her first trip to Vegas. I'd been a few times, but we wanted her trip to be perfect, so we did a lot of research and planned it all. Its really difficult to avoid Italian food in Vegas, and we both love Italian, so we knew one night would probably end up with Italian. We chose Canaletto because in the end, it was better reviewed, had "patio" dining (though obviously, its inside the shops at Venetian, so its not exactly outdoors), and had a menu that had multiple options for both of us.

First, to anyone who hasn't been to Vegas before and thinks eating inside a mall is a bit tacky - these are malls in Vegas. The shops at Venetian are set up to look like streets in Venice - there's even a river that runs through it and you can take gondola rides. It is gorgeous. Moreover, they had live music in the square, so even though there were a lot of people walking around, it was easy to ignore them because of the beautiful architecture, the music, and of course, my gorgeous girlfriend. My point is that even though you're inside the shops, it was still romantic and beautiful. If you look at the pictures, you will also see the inside of the restaurant is also very classy and pretty.

Service was excellent. Our server was attentive, brought us extra bread when we wanted it, had our water glasses filled, and timed the meal perfectly.

Food was delicious. I got Tagliatelle Alla Castellana - pasta ribbons with pork, bacon, mushrooms and a brandy cream sauce. My girlfriend got something called Barilotti, but I can't find it on their menu now and I don't recall what it was. She's a vegetarian though, and loved it. Me, obviously not a vegetarian, and loved mine, too. Both had a glass of a special Pinot Grigio they had, which we both enjoyed, too.

Needless to say, we were very happy. Canaletto is an upscale, but casual, delicious Italian restaurant that is moderately priced. You can go there dressy or casual. All in all, a terrific restaurant.