“Food Ok; Beautiful Restaurant”
Review of Aureole

Aureole
Reserve with OpenTable
Aureole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #356 of 4,825 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Although it's the largest city founded in the 20th Century, Las Vegas retains the energy of a frontier town where the unexpected is still a daily occurrence. The dining scene is equally as adventurous and Charlie Palmer is one of its trail blazers. Sensing that Vegas was about to undergo a renaissance, Palmer made an early investment, opening Aureole in the Mandalay Bay Resort in 1999. The show stopping menu under the direction of Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel combines the classic cuisine of Aureole with the theatricality of Las Vegas in dishes like Olive Oil Poached Oregon Petrale Sole with Truffled Brussels Sprouts and Ahi Tuna and Veal Shank "surf and turf", while a four-story, temperature controlled glass and steel wine tower-the largest in the world-houses 10,000 of Palmer's award-winning 50,000 bottle list, made accessible by an elaborate pulley system presided over by "flying wine angels" clad in black spandex Calvin Klein. After all, this is Vegas.
“Food Ok; Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our food was good but by no means amazing. The bread--unlike the bread in the Manahattan location--was ho hum. I had the chicken which was mediocre. The onion soup however was really noteworthy--in a good way, puff pastry, nice consistency. Overall, the restaurant doesn't disappoint but mostly because it's so pretty.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Silicon Valley
“disappointed in the steaks, but awesome atmosphere and wine cellar”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here over Labor Day weekend. The restaurant wasn't that crowded. Service was very good. the restaurant has a huge wine list, and the wine cellar is an amazing vertical structure that someone uses ropes to climb to get your wine - very Mission Impossible.

We ordered the risotto appetizer as an entrée, the bleu cheese crusted filet, and the ribeye. The risotto was fabulous, but the steaks were disappointing. The filet was not as tender as it could have been. The ribeye was very thinly cut, lacked marbling, and was very charred on the outside even though it was cooked medium rare (the inside meat was properly cooked). It felt more like a NY strip than a ribeye - I knew something was off when I started to cut it and my first thought was that my knife was dull. I consider myself a ribeye connoisseur and order it frequently at restaurants with steak options. The sautéed onions and béarnaise accompanying it were very good though. My friend's filet was average - we've had too many buttery filets that seem to melt in your mouth - this was not one of them.

Desserts - we ordered a crème brulee and the German chocolate molten cake - both were very good. The pretzel bread was also good although not a major part of the meal.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LoveTheSunshine82
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

After travelling for 4 months we were on Vegas for my friends birthday and her mum had selected this restaurant for a special surprise dinner for the 3 of us. She had pre authorised her credit card to a certain amount with a little flexibility... As well as ordering champagne and a cake.

The food I must say was amazing. We had lemon drop cocktails to start which were equally as good. The staff were very attentive... Until something went wrong.

They claimed there was no champagne on order but luckily my friends mum had been emailing me so I had the confirmation. Then we had a la carte starters and mains. I said let's not order dessert because I knew we had a cake... Which never appeared. The staff claimed that they never got the order, maybe my friends mum had got confused. It was a shame to end it there and I didn't want her paying for nothing. Then when we got the bill.... They had added a set menu charge as we had sat at Swan View. I don't deny the table was beautifully located and we went out and sat with the swans between courses.... But had you said it will cost $100 more... We would of have sat there... Upon querying this I asked to see the menu... I was given a different menu with the same food but as a set menu rather than ala carte adding nearly $100 to the bill. We just felt they assumed we were spoilt girls who didn't care as it was paid for.

This could ng be father from the truth.

I have since seen my friends mum... Who chased up he cake with them... Apparently she sent the order but they replied after the dinner saying that they "hadn't checked their mail" ... In 3 days... Aka forgot

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic Happy Hour”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great service, amazing food and great value for happy hour! Two of the items we ordered included table side service, prawns with watermelon gazpacho, the soup is poured at the table, very classy! The french onion soup was delicious and presentation great, comes with bread/cheese fully baked over the top of the bowl and they cut into it for you at the table. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable, I believe he was a sommelier as well. With all of the happy hour food priced at $8 and drink specials as well, this is really a great value for a fine dining experience. I would highly recommend Aureole over all other restaurants in Mandalay Bay, it was by far the best MB dining experience we had. Great decor too!

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Outstanding food only surpassed by outstanding service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

On a recent business trip to Las Vegas, I had the pleasure of dining at Aureole, a Charlie Palmer restaurant at the Mandalay Bay. This is the restaurant with over 1,200 bottles of wine on display in the middle of the dining room which 'wine angels' gracefully scamper up and down the racks to retrieve a bottle when ordered. The more expensive bottles are housed at the top of the rack with less expensive bottles stored near the bottom. Our host for the evening ordered a very nice Alpha Omega cabernet sauvignon that paired nicely with the variety of entrees ordered at our table. The week I dined at Aureole was 'Restaurant Week' and there were several prix fixe options to choose from. Our meal started with a complimentary chef's appetizer trio. One of the trio was a breaded mushroom that was quite delicious and melted in my mouth. Following the appetizer, I had a wedge salad that was outstanding. For my entree, I had the Atlantic Salmon which was cooked perfectly. An accompanying sauce was a little heavy on the dill for my palate, but I was able to push most of that aside and just enjoyed the salmon. Dessert was included and I chose the seasonal berries -- blueberries, raspberries and strawberries -- with a side of creme fraiche. The berries were delectable and topped off a great meal. Other diners at our table greatly enjoyed the cheesecake and also the creme brulee. If you would like a more leisurely dining experience, ask to dine in the back of the restaurant which overlooks a terrace and pond with swans. One of our dining companions had celiac disease and observes a strict gluten-free diet. He was attended to and every request accommodated. The chef even made him freshly prepared gluten-free rolls and this diner was most very grateful and appreciative. I would definitely recommend dining at Aureole on your next visit to Las Vegas.

• Visited August 2013