“Rude waiter, bad food”

Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ordered food for a party of 12 in a table, the food -- mostly dimsum, some fried rice, etc. -- was so-so, not what we'd call good Chinese food. To top their below average food, the waiter who waited on us was rude! "Accidentally" spilled liquid on one of our family members, conversed rudely and unprofessional when we tried to get additional bowls for the rice and soup, and additional food orders. This is not the service that we're expecting in a restaurant we've read good reviews on.

4  Thank passportpleasePH

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The group I traveled with loves Chinese food. Cathay House is excellent and genuine. This is not your chinese buffet food. There is menu in English and a Chinese menu which has other selections. We ordered from both menus. All of the dishes are fresh and tasty. The shrimp are large and very good. We chose share all of the selections and none were disappointing.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was seated off the beaten path sos, the cart ladies looked at me but never came down the isle where i was seated. I had to get up and go to the counter to get service. Very poor.

2  Thank luvtodive
Reviewed October 22, 2012

After 9pm, Cathay House has a special menu (limited, but good) that starts at $5.99 for a lot of dishes. It goes up to $7.99. We had clams in black bean sauce, braised tofu, and a spicy eggplant. The dishes are a bit smaller than the full price menu dishes, but for two of us, we can get more variety without a lot of left overs. Each dish was very good. Their sauces are done very nicely and I think without a lot of msg (not thirsty after eating). I especially liked the clams. I might have to order that from the regular menu next time so I can pig out on it. ... the three dishes hit the spot and it was all for around $25. They have a pan fried whole flounder for the $7.99 price. I believe we have had that before and it was great (although a bit greasy ... fried you know).
I highly recommend you take a look a these bargain prices at a very good LV Cantonese restaurant.

1  Thank citywayne
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I visit Vegas about 4-5 times a year, and I go here every time because the lobster is so cheap! They make very well, too. However, in the past two years, it's been a little disappointing. The food is still doing okay, but the service isn't as good as used to be. There has been several times that I've sat there with my friends, and none of the waiters came over and asked if we needed drinks or anything. When my friends and I looked around, the waiters were looked like they didn't even want to be there. No smiles, no asking "how may I help you?", nothing. Again, it's a decent restaurant but if you want good service, then you may want to think again.

1  Thank adventure_trip2012