“Order the "Gambler's Special" for $7.77!!!!!!!”

Mr. Lucky's 24/7 Cafe
Ranked #274 of 4,868 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Massachusetts
“Order the "Gambler's Special" for $7.77!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2009

You must order the Gambler's Special...$7.77 gets you a steak, three grilled shrimp, choice of potato, plus a salad...awesome and super cheap!! It is NOT in the menu, you must ask for it by name...SO worth it...

22 Thank Boricua1

• Polish first
North Jersey
“Great value for good food”
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Like many people, I was initially drawn to Mr. Lucky's by hearing of the $7.77 steak and shrimp special. That was years ago, and since then, I have been going back on almost every trip I take to Vegas. They have yet to disappoint. The food is very good, I'd say it's comparable to an Outback steakhouse in quality. The steak in the special is pretty tender and very flavorful, and it is not very fatty at all. The shrimp are 3 on a skewer, seasoned and grilled, and are very tasty. They provide drawn butter for dipping the shrimp, and I pour some onto the steak also (yeah, I know, a heart attack waiting to happen!). Salad is included and is a regular mixed greens salad with your choice of dressing (I always go for blue cheese). Also potato is included - fries, mashed, or baked; however, I always ask to substitute broccoli and they have always been happy to do so. I order my steak rare and they do a good job keeping it pretty rare.

Friends I have taken also love the place. One time the waiter recommended the chicken nachos for an appetizer, and we were not disappointed. It was out of this world. With the cost of the special being so low, the meal was still very inexpensive even with the appetizer - around $15 per person with beverage, tax and generous tip.

If you want to sit down and have a decent dinner for very little money then this is the place for you. Yes, it's in the Hard Rock which has a young crowd, but the crowd in Mr. Lucky's is pretty subdued, since everyone is eating and not "partying".

The service has been a little slow on several occasions, but always courteous and pleasant. Mostly very attractive people will be waiting on you, and don't be surprised if your server has a few tattoos and/or piercings. Their outfits are kind of a '50's throwback outfit as I saw it. But most importantly the service is very friendly and courteous, albeit a little on the slow side sometimes. I find this to be a great place to have a dinner that's not rushed and to relax and unwind and feel very full and satisfied afterwards, and at prices that make it one of the absolute best values in Vegas.

5 Thank johnny_07656
Salt Lake City, UT
“Good food, questionable surroundings”
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We were in Las Vegas just for the night and had read about a great dinner special at Mr. Lucky's 24/7 in the Hard Rock Hotel. Ironically the magazine that recommended it was AARP! We have gone to Hard Rock Cafe's before and felt comfortable, but this was an entirely different crowd. If you would feel ok at a rock concert you would probably like it. We felt very out of place. The restaurant is located inside the hotel. The casino is circular and a few steps down. Shops and restaurants are around the perimeter. The restaurant is modern looking with booths and tables. We were seated promptly. Our waitress was a little slow getting to us to order, but was very gracious and apologized for the delay. We mentioned the "Gambler's Special" (which wasn't on the menu but is available all day) and she said, 'Oh yes, how would you like your steak?). The special came with a nice salad of mixed greens, a few cherry tomatoes, and croutons, a very nice steak, about 8 oz., three medium shrimps, grilled on a stick and a serving of mashed potatoes for $7.77. There was also a small cup of liquid that I thought might be au jus, but it turned out to be butter, so I poured some on my potatoes. The other food we saw go by looked good, too. They had a wide selection including sandwiches for $10 - $12, and as I recall the entrees were in the $15 to $25 range. I doubt we'll go back just because of the clientele, and it is a little off the beaten path, also there was a lot of construction going on, both on the hotel and the surrounding streets when we went there in October of 2008.

4 Thank Saxeygirl
Auburn, Alabama
“Pretty good appetizers. Overpriced (like the rest of Las Vegas). Ask for the $7.77 steak & shrimp special. Food...”
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Pretty good appetizers. Overpriced (like the rest of Las Vegas). Ask for the $7.77 steak & shrimp special. Food overall is just okay, but if you know what you are doing, you can get decent value here. Main draw is that it is 24/7.

3 Thank sakau2007
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The 7-7-7 is a great deal!”
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The 7-7-7 is a great deal!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook