“Love the 777!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Several years ago I saw Rachel Ray do a bit for one of her shows at Mr. Lucky's. She was touting the 777, an off the menu item that is a flat iron steak cooked to order, topped with grilled shrimp, then a side homemade mashed potatoes and a green salad for $7.77. I've been ordering it ever since. It's consistently great and has an even greater value! I don't know much about the rest of the menu at Mr. Lucky's since I always order the 777, but I'm of the mindset that if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

4  Thank kpickerell
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I actually ate this twice during my recent two night stay. A salad, flat-iron steak, three shrimp, and mashed potatos (the one thing I didn't eat because I am avoiding carbs). You really can't beat the price, and while I had low expectations, it really was fantastic.

Especially appreciated was the fact that the servers didn't give me "guilt" for ordering this special. Bottom line, can reccomend whole-heartedly.

1  Thank RandyFine
Reviewed August 25, 2011

As others have seen the recommendation from the Food Network's Best Thing I Ever Ate..., we were in Las Vegas and didn't feel like waiting in line for a buffet so the decision to swing by the Hard Rock Hotel was great.

The Gambler's special is off the menu so you much know it to order it. For $7.77, you get a fresh garden (romaine) salad, 8 oz steak (mine was cooked to perfection--med rare--just the way I like it--very tender) 3 jumbo shrimp skewer (moist and tasty) and mash potatoes(decent...not bad).

The meal is better than what you would get from a place like Outback steakhouse or Black Angus; But don't expect Ruth Chris or Donovan's because you are not paying the price tag.

Overall, it WAS the best bang for my buck!

2  Thank bamboo222SanDiego_CA
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I went to Mr. Lucky's after seeing a special on the Food Network about their $7.77 steak and shrimp dinner. It was not five star but it was quite good....a great value for the price. The dinner comes with salad and potatoes too. The server had a chip on his shoulder and would have got a bigger tip had he been somewhat pleasant. Casual place for a quick bite to eat.

2  Thank neelleyfam
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Had dinner here August 9th around 7pm. It was just "fair", and I wouldn't drive here again, from another hotel. We had the same special a year ago and thought it was good, but now... not so much. For $7.77 you get a green salad, followed by a steak that is a bit larger than a deck of cards. It was acceptably good, and came with three tasty grilled shrimp, stacked on top.
Last year, side dishes included green vegetables, or baked potatoes. Now, mashed or fries is the choice. We chose mashed, which thankfully weren't instant, but were salty. A lettuce leaf or even a colored plate would have greatly improved the appearance of the meal. It is served on a white, oval platter, with the steak at one end, the potato at the other end, and nothing in the center. (Check out the pictures provided by other reviewers.) Our waitress was friendly, but served our food by leaning over the divider wall from the bar area, rather than walking around to the front of the table. Kind of odd!
Just like last year, the restaurant was virtually empty, and so was the casino. It had a "ghost-town" vibe. How do they keep the Hard Rock open with so few patrons? Were they all up in their rooms getting dressed??? The parking garage told the rest of the story. There were about 20-30 cars in a structure built for 100's! Meanwhile, the Palazzo/Venetian where we stayed was packed!
Better choices exist in Las Vegas. Check out Vegas.com for current meal deals.

1  Thank Futuremauian