“Can't decide which was better- the view and tastes on my plate or the glittering city lights 56 floors up!”
Review of Alize at the Palms

Alize at the Palms
Reserve with OpenTable
Alize at the Palms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 4,985 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Alize French restaurant is located on the top floor of The Palms Casino Resort. Named after the gentle trade winds that sweep the French Caribbean Islands. Alize features world-class cuisine, service, and wine list with the most dramatic view of the famous Las Vegas Strip. Customers requesting a special item, such as flowers, cake, etc. Please contact a reservationist directly at Alize. Unless we have specifically agreed to your request we may not be able to accommodate you.
Reviewed March 5, 2009

A local friend of mine recommended this restaurant both for the excellent food and for the panoramic view of Las Vegas. It was beyond my expectations. The food was delicious and interesting at the same time. For example, my appetizer was a salad with a pear with blue cheese wrapped in crispy phyllo dough; for the main course I had a juicy pork chop with a delicious fruit compote on top; and for dessert, I had a poached pear with vanilla ice cream, hazelnut wafer and tamarind jello. So many flavors on each dish. The wine list is extensive, but not many choices by the glass. The atmosphere was upscale, candlelit, but a bit louder than expected-- at 8 p.m. the music switched from French jazzy, to club dance music. Overall, beautiful and delicious! If you order an appetizer, entree, dessert and glass of wine, it will cost you about $100 per person, more or less depending upon the entree (more for the lobster). Oh, and the service was excellent-- we had at least 4 people tending to our table, and we only had 4 of us dining.

1  Thank NT17

Reviewed February 21, 2009

My wife and I had dinner here during an extended Valentine's Day weekend getaway. It was initially quite impressive with a wonderful view from the 56th floor and lots of people to serve you. However, the food was very disappointing. My wife ordered a risotto special and the predominant taste was salt. Lots of salt. I ordered filet mignon and wanted it just pink inside but it was red and very rare. Our dinner total with only two glasses of wine as $187 + tip so it was not inexpensive. Overall, we could not recommend Alize to friends.

Reviewed November 26, 2008

Got engaged at Alize 4 years ago, so glad to come back and have anniversary meal here in Nov 08. Service was very attentive throughout. Sommelier gave good advice on the wine, even though it was clear we were sticking to the cheaper end of the price list.

French onion soup was delicious as were rib eye/scallop special and filet mignon.

As a couple being sat next to each other in the corner, rather than across from each other was a bit strange to begin with, but obviously reserved for more "intimate" dining. View of the strip as always was incredible.

Would recommend, especially if you are at the Palms. Great that you can get in free to Ghostbar for a few drinks after the meal.

1  Thank scotwholuvs2travel
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We were so excited to splurge for an excellent French meal in Las Vegas. It was a toss up between three, and we chose Alize.

Had the delightful sommelier, Alan, played a more important role in the evening I suspect it would have been much more successful. He obviously understood about fine dining, and needless to say, fine wine.

Our waiter was probably the biggest disappointment of the evening. Much as we tried to forget his common naivete and shake off several "no-no's", we gave up. Had he been French, we probably would have been more apt to forgive the fact that we struggled to understand him. Our main beef was that he had no refinement or understanding of how to serve in a fine restaurant. He came over at the wrong times, asked the wrong questions and literally stuck his nose in our $200 bottle of Bordeaux - out of curiosity we presumed.

The food was good but not excellent. I have had as good in small town restaurants throught France for a quarter of the price or less. I found the Zagat ratings extremely overblown and it was far from worth the $500 price tag, which we otherwise were prepared to pay. I suggest you give one of the others a try if you are seeking what we were.

2  Thank cpete
Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and I celebrated a long weekend in Las Vegas and tried to book what we thought were the best restaurants in town for dinner. It was our first trip, so recommendations were what we had to go on. Alize came highly recommended, so we booked an anniversary dinner for two.

First off, the view is the very best thing about this restaurant. Make sure and get a table close to the windows as it is truly breathtaking. I couldn't take my eyes off of it all night.

I started out with the pear in puff pastry salad and my husband had the french onion soup. They were both good, though not great in my opinion. For entrees, my husband ordered the filet of beef which he said was the best he had ever tasted, and I had the Dover Sole. The Dover Sole was $67 but I LOVE good Dover Sole, so I didn't mind the price for a treat. However, I was pretty disappointed. I've had a lot of Sole in my day, but this didn't quite measure up. I'd say it was a little over cooked and didn't have that much flavor. I left disappointed in the Sole. We shared a chocolate dessert and it honestly tasted like warmed over Duncan Hines brownies. I was not impressed at all and I am a chocolate LOVER! I really tried to like Alize, but at $255 for dinner and two drinks, I was not won over.

The service was okay overall. Nobody went above and beyond, and for those prices, I sort of expect it.

1  Thank lawladybug