“Good for a business lunch”
Review of Garduno's

Garduno's
Ranked #1,325 of 4,981 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Garduno's is a busy place during the day, but a good one for business lunch. It is a short distance from the North Las Vegas corporate airfield, so easy for pilots and passengers to get together there.
The menu is typically Americanized Mexican dishes, with all of the usual suspects. Nothing is inedible, but there are no outstanding specialties, either. Good value.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Sunday margarita brunch at the Garduno's at the Palms has been a must do for my wife and I for many years. The food is always fresh and delicious and the drinks strong and endless (good combo). The atmosphere of the place is great. I would suggest that you ask to sit in the front area and not the back. The front is closest to the food and the mariachi band. The back also tends to get very loud because large groups are usually seated back there. The food service is really good. You pick up a plate and go by a large buffet tray area with many brunch staples and Mexican standards. You then go up to the grill area and ask for any kind of special fajitas, omelets or other specialties. They are cooked up fresh. Fresh rice, beans, guacamole, garnishes etc. are then added to your plate as you request. The result is everything tastes freshly prepared. There is also an open salsa bar for you to sample many different toppings and bean dip. I titled this review good by because the Garduno's at the Palms is closing sometime before the end of the year. I asked the staff and they said there is no set date as of yet. It is going to be replaced with a sports book bar/restaurant. Sad. The place is great. There is some relief however in that there is still a Garduno's located at the Fiestas Rancho casino on Ranch Drive in North Las Vegas. The food is also excellent but they do not have the brunch on Sunday. Maybe once the Palms location closes, they will start one. I hope so.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I would say this restaurant (at the Fiesta Hotel on Rancho Dr.) is very attractively decorated, but in an older hotel and spmewhat seedy area. The staff is freindly and fairly attentive, and the waiter was quite honest about which dishes to order. The food is plentiful and is decent. As I have seen in other reviews, it is an OK place to go, but don't expect authentic cuisine that will wow you.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

Gardunos has the best chicken chimichangas ever! The one at the Palms is good but I certainly prefer the one at Texas Station. I'm not generally a fan of them but my god, they are delicious! Deep fried deliciousness! The Soapapillas are amazing as well. They used to be free with every dinner but now they charge. :( I think they caught on that they were my favorite. I love Gardunos!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2009

13 years as best restaurant in Vegas? Give it a break!

The food was the worst "mexican" food we have ever had, terribly salty and other than that completely tasteless. My enchiladas were pathetic. The rice was a joke (which chef cannot cook rice? I am Italian and cook mexican much better than this guy!). It would have been much better to go to Viva Mercado or Roberto's. The waitress was really stupid and rude. We complained about the food and she kept on laughing at whatever we said. My husband is from Mexican descent, we told her, and she rudely answered: You don't look like a Mexican. After our complaints, she talked to the chef and referred us that "Mexican food is notoriously salty". Really? My husband has been eating mexican food all his life and never noticed that. We wasted 45$ on bad food, and we'll make sure we spread the word: DO NOT GO TO GARDUNO!

1  Thank Juicycat

Been to Garduno's? Share your experiences!