“Oh My God Best meal in Vegas so far.”
Review of Picasso

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Flamingo
Description: As an eleven time recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award Executive Chef Julian Serrano’s menu is inspired by the regional cuisine of France and Spain where Pablo Picasso spent much of his life. The restaurant boasts a wine cellar stocked with more than 1,500 selections from the finest European vineyards. Picasso masterpieces, as well as a collection of his charming ceramic pieces, further delight the senses of diners enjoying the Picasso experience.
San Francisco, California
“Oh My God Best meal in Vegas so far.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Listen you have to appreciate good food to eat in a place like this and drop about $200 per person.
People who complain about Picasso really have no wright to, well maybe if they have personality conflicts with waiters. But listen my dinner was FLAWLESS. There were 3 tasting menus when I was there. a $125, a $115, and a $250 dollar one. Wine matchings extra. So be prepared to spend some money.
I would not hesitate to go back again.
I would ask to be seated on the terrace next to the fountains....spectacular. Or seated inside by windows to view the fountains
This is truly a food experience worth the price of admission.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TropicalTommy11

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
“So terribly disappointing”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went here last night and am so disappointed and upset with the experience, I feel the need to write a review. Something I don't usually bother doing.

Firstly, the service was very rushed, impolite and impersonal. I've dined at many fine dining and michelin star restaurants around the world, and this is NOT how they do service. We had 2 waiters, one was passable but the other was downright rude. However, the service from both was not of standard at all.

It started ok, however we ordered champagne to start and they recommended the rose but we went with another one as my partner does not like rose. Got the rose anyway! I glanced at the bottle briefly and did not notice (we were sat outside and it was quite dark). I only noticed after they'd poured and left. The champagne was ok so I didn't bother saying anything, though it was $5 more a glass than what we ordered.

Even to start the bad experience, when they brought any glasses etc. they would shove them on the table without any "excuse me", or attempt to make room. Leaving things balanced on the edge of the bottom of wine glasses. Not 5* service.

The incredibly rude waiter brought our chefs entrees - didn't say anything! Just plonked them on the table, no explanation of what it was (a croquette and some kind of cheese soup was my best guess). This was ok, but nothing special.

Then came our starters, mine was the quail and my partners the oysters. Both were pretty good, except my quail was a little overdone and oversalted.

Next, after a gap of about 4 minutes, I had the fish and my partner the foie gras, which was huge! Enough for 3-4 people. Which was just as well because my fish was inedible. So overcooked and tasteless so I shared his, which was good. Except I don't see how you can mess up foie gras. Also, was pretty offended the waiter felt the need to explain what foie gras was to us "it's goose liver". Oh, you don't say?

They did not say anything about the fact I'd barely touched mine when clearing the plates, and as between the other courses there was a break of less than 5 minutes before the main. Sorry but how is that fine dining?!

For the main I had the pigeon and my partner the deer. Both were AWFUL. Mine was tasteless, dry and overdone, and his was so ridiculously oversalted you could not tase anything else. Deer is a beautiful, flavoursome meat requiring little seasoning. Why flip it in so much salt? It was also dry and overcooked.

Again we barely touched this, but they asked nothing when clearing our plates. Not even a standard "how was your main?". Unbeliavable.

Next we ordered the souffle, which was good. Except we requested our espresso to come alongside it. It came before.

Overall, the food was seriously below standard of any restaurant, never mind one that credits itself so highly. Service was not even below standard, it was downright rude and lacked the most basic of standards - such as asking if everything is ok when clearing uneaten plates. Moving glassess to make room when placing items on the table, and saying excuse me. Not reaching over and shoving them on! Reaching over people and food to put things on the table is not how you should work. The rude waiter was the one who brought our bread, and when he reached over to place something on the table, his sleeve caught the bread and dragged it off the plate. He said nothing and didn't even acknowledge. Disgusting!

Overall, for a bill topping $500USD I am seriously upset about this total waste of money in this terrible restaurant. I'd have rather skipped dinner and spent the money on a nice bottle of wine or something.

Can't remember the name of the incredibly rude waiter to name and shame, but he had a grey moustache. Avoid him if you bother going - didn't get a word out of him all night, just surly attitdue. Despicable service and food for a purportedly 5* restaurant.

There are many things that make up a fine dining experience. This restaurant lacked even the most basic in my opinion.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank GSav
Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Picasso, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Picasso and would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with your dining experience. It is disheartening to hear of your recent experience as this is not the high standards we seek to provide. We value your comments and I have sent you a private message in further hopes to learn more about your experience, so we can make improvements for the future. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you the next time you return to Las Vegas.
Newcastle, Australia
“Special place”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

OK sourrounded by $200m worth of Picasso paintings sitting at water level with the Bellagio Fountains (outside was closed due to temp and wind) we had one of the best meals ever (close your eyes to the cost this is Vegas) again service was the best it could be. Loved it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brian D
Montreal, Canada
“Minimum Price: $115”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I was just there and the average price isn't anything close to the $52 average posted on TA. Tonight the cheapest was $125 and they told us the cheapest they've had was $115. Not at all happy.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank FrenchRok
Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Picasso, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing Picasso as your selected dining experience. We would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with your menu selections. Our menu has an array of dishes, varying in flavor and value. We hope to welcome you back in the near future to meet your needs.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First class restaurant, exquisite service, and some of the most expensive decorations you'll ever see.

I was fortunate enough to be invited here as part of a group of colleagues. We shared the tasting menu with wine pairings and it was fantastic. Quality and ambience wise it was the best meal I've ever had.

One day I hope to be able to come back with my family.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Picasso? Share your experiences!