“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
Review of Picasso

Picasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Picasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 5,037 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, French, Italian, Spanish, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Flamingo
Description: As an eleven time recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award Executive Chef Julian Serrano’s menu is inspired by the regional cuisine of France and Spain where Pablo Picasso spent much of his life. The restaurant boasts a wine cellar stocked with more than 1,500 selections from the finest European vineyards. Picasso masterpieces, as well as a collection of his charming ceramic pieces, further delight the senses of diners enjoying the Picasso experience.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We dined here with friends, having made reservations on-line while we were on the road. We didn't know anything about the restaurant....our friends had previously eaten at two other Bellagio restaurants and were happy with one, but disappointed in another, so we all decided to try a different establishment.

From the moment we walked in until the bill was paid, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Every course was excellent - well-prepared and delicious. The staff patiently answered all of our questions about the ingredients and preparation of the food. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

The restaurant is expensive, but if you want to treat yourself, you won't be disappointed!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was my first visit to Vegas, though my husband goes often on business. We were celebrating an anniversary and though my husband would usually eat at the French restaurant across the street, he booked Picasso for an experience he believed would be special. We thought the restaurant seemed very nice on arrival but were seated at a table close to the waiter station, which meant throughout our meal we had constant bustle around us.

The staff in general, seemed polite and efficient but the food was, in our opinion, not up to the standard we had expected. No dish stood out at all, it was a bland parade of courses and we felt it was poor value. But it was on the wine that we felt the place really fell down. We had only just arrived in the US and were severely jet lagged, so we did not want to drink too much that night. We also have different wine preferences. So we decided to order by the glass.

Though no expert in wine, I am also no novice and I am happy to pay for good wine. Despite the wine list being longer than any I have seen anywhere recently, the list by the glass was more limited and old fashioned than I would have expected. I tasted and sent back several glasses of different wines that were simply not up to the standard I would expect of a quality establishment. I wish I had asked how long some of them had been open or why some had been chosen to appear at all. My husband's wine was similarly disappointing but by then we had given up expecting anything good from this wine list. Despite it being obvious that we were unhappy about the selection we were being offered, the sommelier at no point came over to ask what we might prefer or to offer any help.

The worst thing, however, was that on more than one occasion we heard one staff member speaking about customers in a way that made me feel upset and uncomfortable. In one case the staff member was clearly referencing a customer sitting less than two feet away. I felt this behaviour was extremely rude and even when it was obvious that he had been heard, the monologue continued. I cannot believe staff are allowed to behave this way.

As we left the Bellagio in a depressed state, we passed the bustling French bistro opposite and wished we had gone there instead.

1  Thank Jrno2013
Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing Picasso as your dining adventure and we are delighted to be part of your anniversary. We would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with your dining experience. It is disheartening to hear your evening wasn’t as you wished. Our wine list has several different options for everyone’s platte. Our team would be more than happy to alter any dishes to your liking or help choose various wines to coincide you’re your meal. It is disappointing to hear of the level of service you received your heard as this is not the Five Diamonds standards we seek to provide. We value your comments and I have sent you a private message in further hopes to learn more about your experience. We have also passed along your comments and concerns to our management team for further review. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you the next time you return to Las Vegas.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant aspires to the highest level of fine dining but just misses the mark. Service was a touch spotty with uneven pacing and occasional delivery of a course to one diner and not the other. The sommelier was excellent. The menu is limited to two tasting options, one of which allows only one choice, that of the entree, while the other has greater flexibility. Overall, the food was good, although my wife's fish was a touch over cooked. So, a mixed evening, and given the fact that the bill was close to 250 per diner, I'd expect a more consistent experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The pretentions of this restaurant are to be the best in the city. We chose the Taster menus and I have been lucky enough to have had this experience in some top restaurants in the uk. So the following points seem picky but at $200 a head, then it matters.

The setting was brilliant..over $100m of Picasso art work. The overal ambiance was stunning and enhanced by the Belagio Fountains.

However, we were given menus and then the chef's complimentary appetiser came. However we were stuck with giant menus and no where to put them. We chose to have a taster wine with every course but started with Champagne to celebrate some friends' good news. The waiter spilt the first pouring. With these courses it is important to put down all four plates at the same time... Out of 5 courses they managed this once. At one point the meals arrived and they had forgotten to put the cutlery down...they took the meals away, reset the table, and bought them back and I noticed the source had congealed.

Each course was very nice and there were some good tasts. However, I felt there was an air of a production line about the meals being delivered and that each course wasn't at its best.

The wine was delivered by the hardly understandable wine waiter who really didn't know his wine when questioned further. I know little about wine but he wasn't able to answer the basic questions.

The restrooms were inadequate with just one cubicle for the men. There was a queue.

So 4 stars. Would be happy to recommend but don't expect micheline stars.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a dinner attached to our stay at the Bellagio and we chose the Picasso. We had dinner here on the eve of our wedding and were treated like King and Queen. They gave us a table directly overlooking the fountain and Eiffel Tower. A good friend had arranged to have a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us so they told us we had to "drink it all!" We had a prix fix menu of four or five courses and we each chose a separate one and traded tastes. EVERYTHING was amazing!! The best oysters I have ever had in my life!! It was truly a breathtaking experience and a wonderful dinner to celebrate our upcoming nuptials. I would recommend it but without it being a part of our package, it would have been very expensive. I think I would still pay for it though. Highly recommended! Service was impeccable! Oh and being surrounded by a roomful of priceless art isn't too shabby either!

Been to Picasso? Share your experiences!