“Real "Special Occasion" experience”
Review of Picasso

Picasso
Ranked #16 of 4,825 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Flamingo
Description: As an eleven time recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award Executive Chef Julian Serrano’s menu is inspired by the regional cuisine of France and Spain where Pablo Picasso spent much of his life. The restaurant boasts a wine cellar stocked with more than 1,500 selections from the finest European vineyards. Picasso masterpieces, as well as a collection of his charming ceramic pieces, further delight the senses of diners enjoying the Picasso experience.
Melbourne, Australia
“Real "Special Occasion" experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Picasso sets a standard for food and service in Las Vegas and our recent visit demonstrated that they are maintaining that standard.

Their menu offers two choices - the full degustation menu (which we chose) as well as a limited choice menu. Both cost aound $115 - $120 per person.

Food was beautifully prepared and presented and the service was outstanding. Somellier recommeded a Dundee Hills, Oregon, Pinot Noir which was also superb.

We had a table near the window so were also able to watch the fountain show

From arrival to departure, the team at Picasso made this a special evening for us.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
“Very good, could be better though”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Since the Picasso staff actually read these reviews (gracious move, by the way), I thought I'd post the following review:

Went to Picasso to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Had flowers ordered to be delivered, everything went smoothly with the flowers brought to our table then moved away as it should. Reception staff was very pleasant and welcomed us promptly.

Inside it's dark, probably too dark. I imagine this is likely done to protect the paintings from light damage, which is fair enough, but still inconvenient. A couple of gentlemen behind us had to use their cell phones lights to read the menu. I personally wished I could have observed the texture of my Wagyu Filet Mignon while I ate it.

I had the degustation menu, my wife the other one (there are only two menus, no a la carte, which is fine by me). Food came in very promptly throughout the meal.

Service was good. Our waiter was very observant, and seem to preempt any request we would have. The sommelier on the other hand (and now I feel a bit bad in case he reads this review), well, he didn't make much sense. I had my fair share of wine pairings in my life and the idea is to take you through a journey, not confuse you. He talked too fast as well. In a wine flight you want to be concise and tell a story, in this case I felt we were given more of a lesson. Didn't like that part of the meal.

Food itself is ultra-rich. It's probably a design decision as both our meals were structured the same way flavour-wise, but it's an acquired taste. I'm French and I struggled at times. Think butter. A lot of butter in every dish.

The view of course deserves a mention, the Bellagio fountains, probably doesn't get much better than that. I'd recommend seating outside, where the proximity of the fountains transform an already amazing experience into an awe-inspiring one. Warning: it's hot in Vegas in June/July, check you are OK with the weather before booking outside.

The other thing that requires a mention is the Wagyu beef filet mignon. At a $150 dollar supplement, I was hoping for too much probably. It was great, but not life-changing great. The Wagyu robatayaki at Mizuni on the other hand was. And as for the wine pairing, that St Estephe just didn't do it for me. A Nuit St George would have been a lot nicer. I regret not asking the sommelier for a replacement.

Overall Picasso is of course excellent, but at 2 star Michelin I'm still expecting something a little bit more special than just 'very good food'. I guess that 'special thing' is provided in the view on offer, not the food. Total bill on the other hand came in without sticker shock, a nice surprise as the Wynncore eateries had almost bled me dry by then.

1 Thank Saronthina
“One of the best meals of our lives.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything about Picasso is superb. The "degustation" menu was fabulous. Robert the sommelier suggested a couple of great wines we had not had before. The view, the decor, the service - all were great. A great place for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent food great experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was prepared perfectly and the wine pairings matched extreamly well.
If travelling on a budget this would not fit but costs relative to the quality of the food and dining experience is very comparable to other establishments.

Visited June 2013
“Piccaso”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Overall i enjoyed the meal but not for the price the bread we were given could ov been better for a two star restuarant and my wifes lamb had a big piece of chewy fat running through it i have eaten better meals for a fraction of the price

Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Picasso, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing Picasso as your dining experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening and do apologize you were not satisfied with the bread and lamb dishes. Our five diamond restaurant strives to provide the best for our guests and we are very sorry you were not fulfilled with these items. Your comments are very important to us and we will pass these concerns to our management team for further review. We hope to better serve you in the near future.

Been to Picasso? Share your experiences!