“Great experience!”

Picasso
Ranked #18 of 4,795 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Flamingo
Description: As an eleven time recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award Executive Chef Julian Serrano’s menu is inspired by the regional cuisine of France and Spain where Pablo Picasso spent much of his life. The restaurant boasts a wine cellar stocked with more than 1,500 selections from the finest European vineyards. Picasso masterpieces, as well as a collection of his charming ceramic pieces, further delight the senses of diners enjoying the Picasso experience.
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a wonderful evening we just had at Picasso! A patio table overlooking the Bellagio fountains, most attentive service (even by the sommelier, whom I usually find a bit too pretentious at these places), and incredible food! Every dish was an explosion of flavour, which is what I expect when eating out. Found the portions to be just right, leaving us wanting a bit more of each, which is what a chef desires. Wine flights paired wonderfully. We were left satiated, but not overstuffed. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but for special occasions it is a treat. We will be back soon.

Visited May 2013
Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Picasso, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent dining experience at Picasso. We are ecstatic to hear the staff created a treasured experience and you were able to overlook the beautiful fountains. Our Chefs will be thrilled to know they were able to produce a tantalizing journey for your taste buds. We look forward in welcoming you back to Picasso.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Preston, Connecticut
“Delicious and not pretentious = a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food, the presentation and the service are 5 star at the Picasso in the Balaggio. The staff are helpful without being stodgy. Yes it is expensive but for a special treat it was worth it. I would go again without a doubt.

• Visited May 2013
Thank you for choosing Picasso as your dining evening. We are honored you gave us 5 stars and the team will be glad they helped make this dinner unforgettable. When your travels bring you to Vegas we hope you stop by Picasso for another dining adventure.
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I must say that the service is simply immaculate... The atmosphere is pleasant, romantic, and awesome... I stongly recommend the wine pairing... The sommelier were super when introducing the wine, explaining how it goes with the meal, where its from... Smly said, i can't find a single negative about that restaurant.

Visited May 2013
Your rave review of Picasso is truly appreciated and our team will be delighted to know they could make your experience wonderful. Our sommelier will be honored to know they assisted you with different and flavorful wines. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Raleigh NC
“Good food, but undersized portions and overhyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I recently dined at the much talked about Picasso Restaurant in Las Vegas. My review in short... The location is great. The service is superior. The wine pairings were perfect. The food was very good. The portions were not.

Our total for the bill, including tip, was just over $500. I have spent $700+ on meals in the past, several highly regarded restaurants all over the world, so the cost isn't a huge factor. We consider ourselves foodies. But there is one thing I will not tolerate. If I am spending that much money on a meal, I expect to not leave hungry. At the same point, I don't need to be stuffed like a buffet. I weight 165 pounds. I don't need a lot of food. The lobster salad was a tiny little blob in the middle of the plate. The 'scallop' course really was a single scallop. One. The lamb entrée was the most sizeable of all the courses, and would have been perfect with about 25% more than what we ordered. When I saw the lamb, I was really happy I didn't spend the additional $150 to get the Wagyu filet, which probably would have been a laughable six ounces. The dessert was probably the most disappointing. We had dessert the previous night at Cirque, and I considered their desserts visually more attractive and more refined.

So, the chefs at this place can obviously cook, but I think they underserve their customers. But for people that aren't impressed with just the price of the meal, you may finish dinner wishing you had more. I will say I have had better gourmet meals for less. I had a 16 course meal in Nice, France, complete with wine pairings, for about $300 a head, and the food at that ONE Michelin star restaurant (not two like Picasso) was superior.

When I come back to Vegas, I'll be trying another restaurant instead of coming back to this one. Had the price been closer to $300 for what we received, it may have been more inline with reality (half of that would have been the wine).

1 Thank CarZin
Singapore, Singapore
“Cant go wrong, hey it's 2 STARS afterall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Made a 6.30 booking on a friday night, and I arrived more than an hour late, as my flight got delayed and slow check in at the hotel, but nonetheless, was still welcomed with open arms. It was full, probably at 80% capacity, however the outdoor dining area (where you can to see the bellagio fountain from the other side) were occupied. I was late. Oh well.

We had a Menu Degustation and a Prix Fixe, both were fantastic right from the first course down to desserts. Wines and champagne were on the high side, but i guess this is how things go. It would be more worthwhile to order the wine pairing than per glass. At the end of the evening, each guest gets a box of small muffins, which i think was just average.

Service was impeccable, everyone was smiling, chatty, the food arrive in perfect timing, didnt have to wait for long for the next course, and the staff remember my name. WOW!!

Overall this is not a cheap place to dine for sure, for a meal for 2 person, it's about $400USD inclusive of Tips and drinks. For a 2 star michelin, i would think the menu price of $115 to $125 plus USD is worth it (can't say for the drinks though). IF money is not an issue, then this is the place for you, afterall we only live once, so spoil yourself for a night.

1 Thank EdwinLau

Been to Picasso? Share your experiences!