“Food great, service horrible!!”
Review of N9NE Steakhouse - CLOSED

N9NE Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hugh Hefner Dr. and Flamingo
Description: The newly remodeled, N9NE Steakhouse, is an award-winning American steakhouse with a vibrant atmosphere. The menu, created by Executive Chef Barry S. Dakake, offers an array of USDA prime aged beef selections, as well as fresh seafood, innovative side dishes, whimsical desserts, an impressive wine list and hand-crafted cocktails. The popular celebrity hot spot was named a "Top 100 Restaurant in the World" by Conde Nast Traveler, "Top 100 Dining Hot Spot of 2013" by OpenTable.Com and "Best Steakhouse" by Vegas Magazine.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We visiting N9NE steakhouse on Friday night, 10/12/12. Our reservation was fine, but when we sat down we waited over 10 minutes when we finally had to ask an assistant server if someone would be right with us. We saw him tell our server that she needed to come greet us and she looked over at us and rolled her eyes and told him that she would be right with us. She finally came over almost annoyed that she had to wait on us. I think it was because we didn't order any wine, she felt we weren't going to order anything. She hardly ever came by our table to check on us and she never asked us if we wanted dessert, we had to tell her we wanted it. It was just so frustrating because we had heard such great things about N9NE's food, but I guess the service wasn't included with those reviews. The food was amazing, however. Our final bill was $400 for 4 people, so I think this goes to show that we ordered quite a bit.

1  Thank Turtles1101

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my 2nd time to N9NE and i have drawn the same conclusion: I won't be back. Here's why...The Palms hotel is just gross. The inconvenient location aside, the entry into the casino is so underwhelming. The whole place looks like it has fallen on hard times. Where N9NE goes wrong really has nothing to do with the food...which was borderline excellent by the way. The music is so loud that you cant hear the person sitting across from you. The tables are so large that you literally have to scream to be heard. It's too dark. I am all for mood lighting. This is a little too dark for my taste. N9NE is really two bars (great bartenders who make fabulous drinks) surrounded by many tables. There really isn't any separation. Yes the people watching can be really good...but i think the vibe in the bar should be different than in the main dining area. Our server was overwhelmed with tables and basically never checked on us after we ordered. I get it...i was in the business 15 years...if a table isnt running up their liquor tab you pay less attention. Well, as another reviewer pointed out....this place is not cheap. Dinner for 4...no alcohol was 350$ plus tax and tip. To the No 9 group....move that place before the Palms ruins it for everyone.

1  Thank thomasg42
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We decided to Visit n9ne again for our 2nd Vegas visit, it did not disappoint us. It is expensive but I Believe you get what you pay for, I opted for a 22oz rib eye med/rare but it was more rare tbh. My partner had the 8oz filet mignot, we decided on asparagus and steak fries as a side with some peppercorn sauce. The food came out fairly quick seen as the place was packed, it looked great and tasted better, we both ate all the meat but portions are so big we couldn't do the sides. I would highly reccomend the restaurant but b prepared to
Pay top dollar. This was what we had and the cost
2 house white wine $28
Sauce $3
Enjoy!!!!

1  Thank nick c
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We reserved a table for 9 people a couple weeks in advance. We were seated in a very busy area where there servers were running back and forth. The table felt very crowded. The music was very loud that we had to yell at each other. The other end of the table we couldn't even communicate with. We were celebrating my hubby's 40th birthday so I was looking for something more formal and exquisite...didn't get that there. The food was outstanding, but for the cost, I was anticipating a little more for ambiance and intimacy with my group of friends that traveled from a couple different places to celebrate. Our waitress was great.

1  Thank JKees39
Reviewed September 24, 2012

went for a birthday-wedding anniversary celebration. The appetizers , a lobster crab stuffed ravioli, avocado fries (very interesting tempura fried avocado strips with a great chipotle dipping sauce,tuna tartar. Entrees I had the surf and turf added blue cheese to my filet excellent, 4 other ordered the filet also and loved it, so tender and juicy. Birthday person ordered the "double King cut" prime rib....we all lauged when we saw it arrive, that was the biggest peice of prime rib we all had ever seen! needles to say we all tried some (very very good) but definately should have warned how LARGE it was!! Sides the mac and cheese was really good and the mushrooms were delicious, but my favorite were the 'hot potatoes" scalloped with jalapenos and cheese oh so so good! Service was excellent, it is very pricy but definately worth it.