“Amazing - wonderful service!”

Golden Steer Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Steer Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Strip
Transit: Taxi and limo service available
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a local. I love Las Vegas history and I love a great steak! My husband and I have been coming here for approximately 10 years now and we never tire of this place! The atmosphere oozes 1950's Vegas, the waiters (many have been working there since they were 16!) are friendly, funny and they know their stuff. The food is great (I've had the chicken, salmon, steak and nearly all the sides and have never been disappointed)! The Ceasar salad mixed fresh tableside is very good and they give you a nice show! We love this place so much that for our wedding (9/9/09) we had our reception there with a pre-fixe menu, brought in our own cake and they even let me use the managers office to change into my wedding dress! We came back after our wedding (at 9pm) to have our cake and champaign. The waiter told us stories about the private room we were in, who used to come into the restaurant and he had a great personality - he truly loves his job! We return every year for our anniversary - and everyone remembers us when we walk in!

There are newer reviews for Golden Steer Steak House

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place came highly recommended by several men friends and my husband and I decided to check it out as he loves steaks and is constantly searching for the perfect one. We definitely did not find it here. I enjoy a good steak, but when I go out to eat on vacation, I like to vary my meals and try different things - this is not the place for that. The menu is very limited and my husband said the steak was not cooked as he asked and not flavorful. Their wines by the glass were few. The booth seating is uncomfortable. The service is stuffy (granted, you don't lack for attention, the waiters just don't smile much). I ended up getting just a salad and a side, and even that was not up to par for the price. After a bit of research, I found that most women do not care for this restaurant due to the limited menu, but the men love it. Neither one of us cared for it and we won't be back - just our opinion!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you're looking for an "Old School" Steakhouse, this is your place. From the Table side Caesar to the Ribeye to Table side Bananas Foster. This place was excellent!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant has been around since the "Rat Pack" Days. We had been there many years ago and thought that we would celebrate our 46th anniversary there. Not a mistake.. The Food, Service and Ambiance were as top notch just as I had remembered. From the outside it is deceiving, inside displays an elegance to be envied and enjoyed.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're tired of the glitzy, clubby, excessiveness of the Strip but you still want a decent meal, Golden Steer is a great choice. A fave hangout of Vegas' golden age celebs, it's heavy, dark, pleated leather booths (bright red) hearken back to the Las Vegas of the 60s. Great steaks, simple sides. Caesar salad prepared tableside. The meal was great! Of note though, the creamed spinach was a bit weird.. tasted like flour. But that's my only complaint.
We were seated in the 'Shecky Greene' booth. What says LAS more than that???
About a mile off the Strip, so it's a cab ride. But it speaks to an era long-gone... and who knows how much longer this place will be around too. Paradoxically, it's in a strip mall.
Don't be a food snob. Don't be an atmosphere snob. Keep an open mind, and go experience the Las Vegas of our parents and grandparents. Viva!