“Perfect Vegas experience”

Golden Steer Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Steer Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 5,208 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Strip
Transit: Taxi and limo service available
Reviewed January 8, 2013

OK I despise Vegas but I have to go there for business so I know the place well. One of the many things I do not like about the place is how everything is overdone and full of faux culture or experiences. In short nothing is real. Not so with this place. This is an authentic throwback to the days when Vegas had some real glamour and dare I say class. The place is classic old mob steakhouse with fantastic steaks. My wife and daughter found it last summer when they came up to see the Phantom and said I would love it. They were right and we all had a good time at the climax of our family roadtrip to Death Valley. Best Caesar anywhere in the world and terrific service. The location is in a dumpy little strip mall but do not let that fool you. Get away from the celebrity chefs and the pretentious 20 year server on the Strip and have real meal!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This restaurant doesn't look as fabulous on the outside as it is on the inside. Don't let the strip center turn you away. The food is excellent and the staff is very attentive. Very good steak.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wow, this was horrible. I am still struggling to figure out why this place is so beloved by the city of Las Vegas. If you are a person who normally eats out at Black Angus, then I suppose this might be a step up for you and you might consider the Golden Steer “fine dining”. However, I must tell you – this is NOT fine dining.

The restaurant is old, smells old, and has very little memorabilia on the walls regarding the famous patrons it has once served. You basically feel you are in a rundown restaurant from a small Podunk town.

The food was subpar and our steaks had the same flavor as a piece of meat from Sizzler. The lobster bisque had an indescribable bitter flavor and was so thick it almost had the same consistency as mashed potatoes – hands down the worst I have ever had and the table next to us sent their order of bisque back. The Caesar salad made tableside was bland and boring, and their wines by the glass menu consisted of only 4 whites and 4 reds – all of which were very low tier.

The service was on par with any other restaurant, nothing outstanding about it. No one was notably friendly and the bartender working was almost rude.

This is hands down THE most overrated restaurant I have ever been to. Overpriced and very disappointing.

2  Thank donna m
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding, this was my second time here and I will be back again next year when I am in Vegas

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We had our wedding dinner at the Golden Steer 21 years ago. This was our first time back since then and I am happy to report nothing has changed at this wonderful Vegas institution! Honestly my meal (filet and lobster) was the best I've ever had at any time in any place! Our service was impeccable. Is it expensive? Yes and worth every penny. Is the location kinda funky? Sure, but it's stood the test of time and been in that location since 1958! The Golden Steer in the best restaurant in Vegas!