“Very Good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed May 27, 2013

While on a recent trip to Las Vegas we tried out the Joyful House on review from a food show!!!!! I would say that it is authentic Chinese, we very much enjoyed our dishes, food is served to your table family style so everyone can enjoy the different dishes. The food dishes that we ordered were very good and I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want Chinese while in Vegas!!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were spending one night in Las Vegas at the end of our trip to the Southwest. Although we wanted to see the Strip, we didn't want to spend a lot of money for dinner and we wanted a casual place as well. When I read about this Chinese restaurant in Fodor's, I thought it would fit our needs. We arrived fairly early when the restaurant was fairly empty. It filled up by the time we left. We had wor wonton soup, salt and pepper crispy fried prawns, baby bok choy with garlic, and salt and pepper pork chops. All were tasty and the portions were large, especially for shrimp. The service was quick and efficient. The ambiance was average and not special but the food was good so it didn't matter. There were many Asians eating there, always a good sign.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went here on a Thursday night. The place was about 20% full. Almost everyone except us were Asian. A good sign for authentic cuisine. Ordered the green beans, Beef Tenderloin in Onion and Honey Walnut Shrimp. Big portions, tasty fresh food and good service. Had ribs for appetizer and enjoyed it all. The only different thing I would have wished for was the ambiance. The place was lit up like there was a prison break. Apparently that is another good sign for Chinese restaurants as honorable people should not be afraid to be seen in restaurants. I guess I didn't expect to get X-Rayed however.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really love coming here with my family. I love how family oriented this place is. It is nice to see a place run strictly by family. Everybody is friendly and I like going to restaurants that care about their food. Gary is the best manager in Las Vegas! He will do anything for you to keep you happy. I recommend their spicy green beans and sizzling rice soup for appetizers. I recommend an off menu item called lobster and noodles for an entree. The seafood is fresh and always made to order. They often will remove the shells for me upon request so that I don't have to work for my food. The homemade green tea ice cream is a really unique dessert. The wine list here is the best kept secret in Las Vegas as Gary's dad is a big wine collector. You can order just about any wine you would like. This place is pricey, but the portions are huge and delicious. I bring lots of out people from out of town here. Definitely try it out!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were in Las Vegas during Super Bowl and needed a break from the Miracle Mile scene where we watched the game. My wife wanted what she calls "standard" Chinese food, (not the Chinatown type). I looked on line and decided to give this a try based on their menu. She was happy with my choice. Though it is near the Chinatown area it is the Cantonese style she likes.

We pulled up and saw that it was fairly empty with the staff mostly standing around. When we got our menus, my wife was thrilled with the choices available. She ordered the BBQ Pork Pan Fried Noodles soft style, (LoMein on the east coast). I wanted something with a little more bite so I ordered the Hunan style Shrimp, a tomato based dish I have had elsewhere.

We started with Won Ton soup which was really good. It had a nice, clear broth with your standard Won Tons. The `Noodle dish was excellent. Soft noodles with a fair amount of BBQ pork. There were also crispy bean sprouts and onions. The Shrimp was also excellent. A nice portion of shrimp and onions in a flavorful tomato based sauce. Both dishes reminded us of her favorite N.J. Chinese Restaurant and since we live in Fl...she was very pleased.

I would have given it 5 Circles??? if the service was more attentive. Our female server was just OK but the males seemed not to care very much in what they were doing.