“This is the real deal - SO worth leaving the strip”

Joyful House Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #956 of 4,981 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I can't believe we haven't eaten here before. I wasn't excited about the happy endings massage parlor next door, but then we sat down and I saw the fish tanks and the extensive menu and I started to realize this is going to be alright. Then to my amazement they have Peking Duck that you do not have to pre-order AND AND tableside carving of said duck, served traditional style with buns and oh my I want to go back already. The duck was excellent, the skin crispy the meat nice and moist and full of flavor.

We also ordered Combination Fried Rice that was perfect, Mongolian Beef that melted, I mean melted in your mouth and had just the right amount of spice to it. Honey Walnut Shrimp was really good and the portions were generous, we had lot's of take home for lunch the next day.

This is a bit off the beaten track for you Las Vegas Strip(ers), but it's worth the drive. The food is amazing. They are quiet during lunch and get busy at dinner especially on the weekends.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wanted to try this place. Had Duck, salt And pepper prawns, and baby bok choy with garlic sauce. The food was excellent. This place is unasuming from the outside and the decor. Service was good and fast. They also have a large wine list and sell live fish and seafood by the pound.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This restaurant has been in Las Vegas for a long time. This was the firs time we visited it. It offered various menu selection. Big volume of food was delicious. The atmosphere and service were nice.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This restaurant has a very extensive menu of authentic Chinese food, and might be off-putting to someone who is used to Americanized Chinese cuisine. We have tried many, many dishes here over time, and really enjoy the food. It's not much on decor, and the service can be indifferent, but we find that common in Chinese restaurants all over the world. This is where we bring friends and family when they want Chinese in Vegas without the frills of casino restaurants.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Went here based on online reviews and recommendation from the concierge. Boy was it a mistake. The staff, Gary specifically, could not have been nicer and did everything he could to make our evening enjoyable.

We arrived and they had a table waiting for us. Tea was served and we were pleasantly surprised that there was no charge. The lo mein and pork fried rice were both excellent. The problem was our entrees were inedible. We both ordered chicken dishes and Gary did warn us that the chicken was not white meat. The chicken was so slimy that it was inedible.

I did see other dishes on other tables and it appears that the beef dishes and the fried chicken dishes (General Tso's) were edible, but any sautéed chicken dishes were not fit for a dog.