“Enjoyable meal for the money.”
Review of The Steak House

The Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sahara
Description: The Steak House has recently been named Top Las Vegas Steak House by Zagat. The Steak House has been thrilling diners with it's top grade meats served by a friendly, gracious staff for over 34 years. The Steak House also features a glass enclosed dry aging locker. Top grade Midwestern beef is aged for 21 days at 37 degrees Fahrenheit & 67 percent relative humidity. This process tenderizes the meat & gives it a distinct flavor, which is further enhanced by preparing the beef over an open-hearth mesquite charcoal broiler. Once inside the dining room, you will feel right at home. Rural-themed paintings adorn the green walls. The room is rich with dark woods, diamond tufted red leather booths, creating a cozy den-like ambience. Dinners include fresh baked breads, choice of our famous black bean soup or house salad plus a Chef's fresh vegetable & choice of garlic mashed potato, baked potato, or wild rice blend.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Chose The Steakhouse as it is known as being a classic restaurant that consistently ranks very highly. Our meals were indeed very good for the most part.

The meal begins with a large bread basket for the table. Entrees come with your choice of soup or salad and potato or rice. The steaks are big--my "petite" filet was 8 oz., hubby's was 12 oz. The steaks come with béarnaise sauce on the side, but I preferred my steak without it. I got the baked potato and hubby got the rice pilaf and we both got the house salad. It was a ton of very good food and we were stuffed. This was a very nice, basic steak meal, especially for the cost which was $275 for 4 of us. Hubby and I have spent close to that on just ourselves.

The only minor critique is that our friend's strip (he ordered a porterhouse) was tough and did not equal the quality of our filets.

1  Thank FebTwoThree
Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Situated in the sad and crappy Circus Circus complex, this ultra retro Steak house specialises in traditional high quality Vegas style steak dishes, hell, you can almost imagine Bugsy himself ordering from the same menu...!
The joint is dark and perfectly secluded, but all the lights work and the service is a perfectly orchestrated affair.
Felix the waiter groped my spare lady friend when he had the chance, but she liked it and it added to the Vegas atmosphere! Food was very nice, not sure if it was 'the best' but you'll certainly remember this place as a very good one. Felix, you are a card Sir! Lol

1  Thank John T
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Wasnt expecting much as this is in circus circus but I must say that this is one of the best steaks I have ever eaten, it was cooked to perfection I like the fact as well that the kitchen is in the middle of the floor so you can see your steak being cooked, the service was quick and the staff were very welcoming, this restaurant is the reason I go back to Circus Circus.

1  Thank David W
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've been to LV many times and finally got around to trying The Steakhouse after read countless good reviews on multiple websites and in several LV publications. Let me start by saying that I've dined in many high-end, steakhouses around the country and don't consider any of them bad, the Steakhouse included. I like the old-school ambience of this restaurant. The lighting is dim, lots of oak paneling, cozy, curving booths and smoke (from the grilling) permeating thru-out-as the grills sit in the middle of the dining area, so you can watch your steak being prepared. The service was friendly. My waiter was very knowledgable about each "cut" offered and eager to offer advice. I chose the NY Strip and was not disappointed. Unlike, other Vegas Steakhouses, your meal actually comes with a salad, choice of side and fresh green beans. My steak was about what I expected. It was large (1lb and 1" thick) and grilled exactly to my liking. The meat was not tough and quite tasty, not a lot of fat either. My only complaint would be that it could have been a little more tender but this in no way affected the quality of the meal, as a whole. I chose the garlic mashed potatoes as my side, nothing spectacular but nothing forgettable either. The salad was large & fresh-iceberg lettuce w/a variety of vegetables tossed in. Simply put, I left The Steakhouse satisfied. My meal was a little over 50 buck's. I thought it was worth it and a good deal for LV ( where some dinner buffets now cost that much per person). I can only compare this to the SW Steakhouse at The Wynn (in LV) and I think the food stacks up well with that establishment.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Although we were 80 percent happy with the meal the quality of the steaks was below par.... They were fatty and a little tough The service was great though

1  Thank Sgkbroker

Been to The Steak House? Share your experiences!