“Well I don't want to give it a three...”
Review of The Steak House

The Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 4,894 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sahara
Description: The Steak House has recently been named Top Las Vegas Steak House by Zagat. The Steak House has been thrilling diners with it's top grade meats served by a friendly, gracious staff for over 34 years. The Steak House also features a glass enclosed dry aging locker. Top grade Midwestern beef is aged for 21 days at 37 degrees Fahrenheit & 67 percent relative humidity. This process tenderizes the meat & gives it a distinct flavor, which is further enhanced by preparing the beef over an open-hearth mesquite charcoal broiler. Once inside the dining room, you will feel right at home. Rural-themed paintings adorn the green walls. The room is rich with dark woods, diamond tufted red leather booths, creating a cozy den-like ambience. Dinners include fresh baked breads, choice of our famous black bean soup or house salad plus a Chef's fresh vegetable & choice of garlic mashed potato, baked potato, or wild rice blend.
Rineyville, Kentucky
“Well I don't want to give it a three...”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I hate to give it a three since the portions are good and the value isn't bad compared to other steak places; 3.5 would be my grade if they had half's like everyone always asks for. As i said the portions are good at a decent price in Vegas. But the location? If you like staying at Circus Circus than so be it, I myself won't be back that way. As a recent reviewer stated, the steaks are very bland. I'm all for the natural taste of mesquite and steak, but no seasoning what so ever? Both my Ribeye and her Mignon were cooked medium perfectly but no seasoning at all. Side items were ok as well. The service was fine but not over the top. So basically it was ok but I wouldn't return unless I was staying at Circus Circus; which I won't be.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
“Fantastic 'secret' restaurant”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Apparently this place is a favourite if the Las Vegas locals, and I can see why. Excellent steak, lovely setting, attentive service and a reasonable price. Hidden away in Circus Circus, it ticks all the boxes for an excellent steak restaurant. If it were in one if the more expensive casinos / hotels it would be twice the price. Much better value than Gordon Ramsay and the others - don't be put off by the venue - try it, you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place you would not expect to find...”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

You wouldn't expect to see such a quaint little place in the middle of circus circus of all places, but this place had such charm and charisma and very posh!!. Service was fantastic, they waited patiently and helped explain the different cuts of steak and we did take a while to choose.
However my partner and I had mixed experiences with our steaks. He loved his, which was a rare-medium cut of rib eye and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Myself had a porterhouse cut which was well done...it became dry after a few minutes and because of this there wasn't much to the taste. It was good, don't get me wrong but considering I'd already had a steak this trip from a non-steak house I expected higher quality as that steak I had previously was fantastic.
Price wasn't too bad either - glass of wine for $8 and in total the food came to $105 - which isn't too bad.
Basically if you like your steak rare or medium then your in for a real treat and this place is well worth a visit.

Dallas, Texas
“Do Not Go Based Off of These Reviews Listed!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I only went to this restaurant based off of the reviews it had been given. I went in with an open mind as I dont mind the building of a restaurant. But this was way over-rated by many!! The steak had absolutely no taste whatsoever. The service was very mediocre. Our waiter came by with the dessert tray and showed us the desserts and kept walking with the tray. He never asked us if we wanted to order one, and quickly returned with our check. I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in Vegas and this was very bad. Just to list some others that I have been to....Gordan Ramsey Steak, Hugo's Cellar, Maestros, Cut, Stripsteak. Any of these I listed blow this one out of the water. I am not sure if the people reviewing this are not fine dining experienced, but their reviews are very deceiving!! Trust me there are hundreds of better options in Vegas for the same amount of money and you dont have to step foot in Circus Circus.

6 Thank BrosMomma
Victoria, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everything here was great. Was sated early, by very attentive front of house staff. Happy hour drinks were very good and affordable. Salads were tasty, and not just plain lettuce. Steak and seafood were cooked perfectly. Staff were extremely attentive. Amazing dinner for two including drinks and desert was under $150. Will be back again! Reservations are a must!

• Visited May 2013

Been to The Steak House? Share your experiences!