“I didn't have a good steak”

Delmonico Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Chef Emeril Lagasse's take on the grand American steakhouse. Delmonico Steakhouse brings back a time when lunch was an event, cocktail hour was not to be missed and dinner with friends was a celebration. At Delmonico Steakhouse, we remember. Located in The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, Delmonico Steakhouse takes its name from the legendary, century-old New Orleans institution, Delmonico Restaurant and Bar.
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“I didn't have a good steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been to many prime steakhouses. In fact, I usually won't order steak unless I go to a steakhouse that has prime steaks. I always order the ribeye for it's robust flavor. The prime ribeye is usually very flavor and actually quite tender (not as tender as a filet) because of the marbleing. However, I was rather disappointed with the bone-in ribeye that I ordered at Delmonico. Not only was the steak rather tough but it tasted gritty. The prime bone-in ribeye should be buttery and full of flavor. Instead, my steak did not taste like a prime steak. Maybe they made a mistake...I don't know. But my steak was tough and gritty. This was by no means the best steak I've ever had. In fact, with as many steakhouses as there are in Vegas, I probably would not return to Delmonico unless they gave me a free steak for a second chance taste! I wanted to go to Cut but they were full on the night that I was there.

Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Altos, California, United States
“5 star service, 5 star food in Venetian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Food and service was 5 star...well trained waitors, timing good, food good, wine selection excellent, appetizers could be your meal...a do not miss for a business function in Las Vegas.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rhett L
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Too loud for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I ate there on 1/23/13 because we heard such great things about it. I will say the food was excellent and the service was excellent.

However, it was so loud in the restaurant that we could barely hear each other when trying to have a normal conversation. We practically had to shout just to talk to each other. While that might be OK for a sports bar or something, when you are paying over $200 for dinner for two you want to at least be able to have a conversation.

Again, the food and staff were terrific, but the ambiance was terrible.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PennStateForEver
Dallas, Texas
“Name and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Very very good but there are better. The touted and recommended barbecue shrimp is drowning in sauce. The filet is slightly underdone but not enough to complain about; tender (but I've had better); the seasoning is great if salty. Excellent service. I'm dining solo and have been given a nice table in the back with a lovely view of the kitchen. All that said I'd still come back. Of course it's pricy but given name and location that's expected.

Fremont, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The BBQ shrimp are off the hook!! The signature bone-in rib eye is amazing, pared with a couple of sides for the table and a botle of Melka CJ and you cannot go wrong.! Excellent, pleasant service as always

Visited January 2013