“Odd Location, Excellent Menu”
Review of Nora's Cuisine

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo & Jones
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Most tourists will keep driving past restaurants in strip malls, and for good reason. It's not often that a restaurant behind a check cashing operation and an Arby's would be worth a second look. Nora's Cuisine is the exception.

The restaurant is small, but friendly. The menu is an assortment of traditional Italian dishes and some unique interpretations of the classics. I ordered the baked ziti and it beat anything coming out of Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. This is important to note because Nora's is positioned at a price point more like the national chains, but the flavor and quality of ingredients is just better. Nothing tasted canned, jarred or bottled. Service was fast and there was no shortage of diners making their way through the doors. It's worth a visit, particularly if you're on a budget and want to get away from the crowds on the Vegas Strip.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Absolutely the best Italian and huge portions, worth the drive as it is not that far from the Strip. Great staff and real joy.

1  Thank arwenvictoria
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We went to this restaurant after a recommendation from a friend that is a Las Vegas local. The food and service is outstanding. We ended up at a table in the kitchen area, so we got to see the food being prepared and amazed at how quickly the servers made sure the food got to the table as soon as it was ready. We will definitely go back on our next trip to Vegas.

1  Thank James K
Reviewed November 26, 2012

One of our cab driver's recommended Nora's for a good, solid Italian dinner. We made reservations at 8:45pm this past Saturday and looked forward to a bit of Off the Strip dining that wasn't going to cost us an arm and a leg. We arrived at a strip mall about 15 minutes from the Strip. We opened the door and saw the open kitchen straight ahead and a small jazz quartet playing to the right. Good sign. After we were seated, we looked through the menu, ordered a bottle of chianti, and placed an order for arancini and a house salad. Suspect sign#1: the arancini came out within 5 minutes of the order being placed. This was a Saturday night with a packed house. I love arancini and was so looking forward to it. Imagine my disappointment when I bit into the first bite and it was cold with al dente pieces of rice. The arancini had been pre-cooked (which is awful for fried foods) and been sitting around. It was okay but it started the meal off to a not so great start. The house salad was just pieces of chopped romaine, mealy tomatoes, and a couple of sliced black olives, and shredded mozzarella cheese out of a bag. It was okay but nothing special. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs and my boyfriend ordered lasagna. The dinner came out less than 10 minutes after the appetizers first arrived (again, food obviously had been pre-cooked and all they had to do was assemble it). My first bite of the spaghetti and meatballs was that it was okay, not terrible but not great. The sauce was lackluster and the pasta didn't seem to be cooked enough so I could taste flour with each bite. However, my boyfriend couldn't get through even 2 bites of his lasagna. It had some off taste to it like they had doused it w/dried basil and/or oregano and hadn't cooked everything together. The lasagna noodles were way overcooked and mushy. He sent it back. I got through my two meatballs and maybe 5 bites of spaghetti. Olive Garden (and I am not a huge fan of chain restaurants at all) is better than this place.

Interestingly enough, the table in front of us complained about their baked ziti. The woman seemed to be hungry and continued to eat it but she was not happy. We overhead where the waiter told her they were not going to charge her for it.

This place is a huge disappointment. I would not recommend coming here at all.

3  Thank lovestochew
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've eaten here many times. It's a combination of what is known in New York City as "traditional Italian." They do the the band or trio playing classics like "Witchcraft" or "The Way You Look' and serve decent food that always seems fresh. There's no innovation and in this case it's a good thing. I'm finally writing something about it because it seems at times to get stale in terms of service and any attention to detail. The food is rushed out at times and the service is polite but bothered in a way that they don't seem that interested in suggesting anything. They give you a list. Beers, a list. Glass of wine you might need on the fly, a list.

The Caesar is always under-dressed, but if you say anything, it's over-dressed. Same goes with any instructions with anything almost if you might have someone with a slight attitude tending to your desires. Either that or it's just inexperience which would be unexcusable considering what they do here.

So my mistake is having any expectation other than it being a perfect throw back in time spaghetti house with a cool vibe, especially for a strip mall. If you're a tourist the cab is 7 minutes straight down Flamingo. Go for the alternative to what's offered by the hotels and the very good value. Not amazing but they won't charge you for amazing either and deliver mediocre. A hundred bucks for two to do it it up is beyond reasonable. 50 bucks to satisfactorily feed you with a beer each is fantastic.

Simply one of my faves. The Puttanesca is great.