“Dreadful Customer Service and Crappy Food”

Tender Steak and Seafood
Ranked #135 of 5,047 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Reno
Description: Featuring six different types of beef and fresh seafood flown in daily from Hawaii, California, New York and Alaska, TENDER is one of Vegas' top rated steakhouses. TENDER also features an intimate dining room and an extensive wine list which has won the restaurant the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence."
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I too went to this restaurant in hopes of having the Prixe Fixe menu which was advertised. Not only because it was reasonable but I wanted the opportunity to taste a wider range of food. We were told we had a 15 min wait as we had no reservation although the restaurant was empty. We opted to wait in the bar and have a glass of wine while we waited.....our wine did not arrive until after we had been seated at our dining table. When our waiter arrive he was rude and kind of tossed our menus on the table with no explanation of any of the entrees or menu items. We again waited for him to return which was quite awhile. I asked about the special menu and he stated we had missed it and left again. I still had questions about other menu items and had to flag him over. I wanted to know what Jiddori Chicken was??? Still don't know ... he answered me like I was stupid and told me it was like having Black Angus Beef He was not receptive to any enquiries and seemed to be more interested in socializing with other employees. I was really wanting to leave but had already waited a while and was hungry. Thought perhaps the food would make of for bad service. I tried the Jiddori Chicken and it was nothing special and my husband had the pot roast.....absolutely horrible in both our opinions. The best thing about this restaurant was the bread and the waiter who delivered it. He seemed to be the only employee with customer service. Also our waiter after taking our order kind of plunked the menus down between the couches so loudly that I jumped.. I will never eat here again or
recommend it to any one else. Totally disappointed as it appeared to be a higher end Steakhouse but the only thing high about it was the prices

1  Thank LeeNanaimo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ate here one night with the guys - there was enough variety in the menu that everyone got something they enjoyed! I had the dry aged rib eye - it was bone in, but surprisingly had a small bone, so it was mostly meat - I'd eat it again! We all got a side and shared, as the portion sizes were quite large. There was an issue where they charged me for a Scotch that they were out of, but it was quickly taken care of. Overall it was about $50 a person for the meal, which wasn't bad for a Steak place on the strip.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We are currently staying at luxor for the third year and always eat at the Excalibur steakhouse but thought we would give tender a try. The prices I think are quite high for the location and reputation, therefore we planned to attend ona Sunday evening so we could take advantage of the price fix menu. I am not been cheap but if I want to pay $100 a dish, I would rather go to Gordon Ramsey's than some unheard of hotel restaurant.

Anyway we arrived, were seated and given our menus, despite the fixed menu been clearly advertised online and In the welcome booklet we received on checking in, nothing was said about it. I queried this with the waiter who said he would check, conveniently serving our drinks first before checking and coming back then to say they were not offering it. Out of principal we decided against eating in the restaurant as it was quite clear they were advertising the menu under false pretences. We paid for our drinks and said we would finish them in the lounge. We were then approached by a waitress who said she would get the manager.

The manager, a tall dark haired man with goatee who I believe was called michaelbut cannot be sure. I worked in customer service and I have never experienced anyone as rude in my life. We explained why we Had visited the restaurant and unhappy the fixed menu was not available despite been advertised online. He stated the restaurant had sold out of this menu!! Considering this menu runs only Sunday to thuds and we attended Sunday, 15 minutes after opening then i find this ludicrous. He then said he could see if the chef had any OLD stock so we could have the menu. We politely declined, one, I have seen Hell's Kitchen and dread to think what they would do to my food and two, why would I want to pay full price for OLD food. He was not happy we declined and just talked over us constantly, telling us how 700 people visited the restaurant a day (yeah right). In the end we suggested that if they had sold out then maybe they would put a sign up on entry explaining this and apologising (at no point was an apology even given by any single member if staff in the restaurant), his answer to our point was that he just walked off!!!

Absolutely disgusting and his attitude and behaviour left me in tears! My husband was so annoyed that we went to the front desk and spoke to the manager, we explained what happened and credit to Luxor they were brilliant, they gave us credit to go to another restaurant (we chose tacos and tequila, which was amazing) and were. Rey apologetic, they also agreed that it did not make sense they had sold out of a menu. I don't know what will happen in terms of action against the rude manager, personally i think the restaurant should be shut down. Going on the reviews of food I am glad we did not eat there and the steak we had in tacos and tequila was probably miles better and couldn't fault the amazing service there either.

Personally it will not stop be going back to luxor again, although will never ever go to Tendef again. I was impressed with how professional the front desk manager dealt with the matter after I explained what happened.
My only concern is for all the people who this has happened to (cause we are clearly not the only ones) how many did not speak up and just simply won't go to the luxor anymore because of it. Maybe the luxor want to look at this and much of a negative effect that this dreadful restaurant is having in the hotel

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Surprisingly good steakhouse. Honestly it wasn't a place I would have picked because I'm not a big fan of the Luxor hotel or casino. However my friend had a coupon and wanted to eat there so I agreed. The restaurant is very nice, dark wood and leather with decent room between tables. The service was spotty, good in some spots and not so much in others. The food itself was better than I expected. The steaks were of very good quality and done correctly (been to better steakhouses and can't always say that). I was surprised there were so few appetizers I wanted to order, but the ravioli was pretty good. The garlic mash and cream spinach were both very good as was the chocolate soufflé. For the price I would pick somewhere else but not because of the restaurant itself. I would expect you to be happy if you visited.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The atmosphere is typical steakhouse with leather, dark wood, etc. Service was so-so which was surprising since there were 2 waiters assigned to my table and my husband and I were at 1 of 3 tables in that room. Had to ask for water twice, received a nice bread basket but had to wait a long time for the meal. My husband had a filet plus the creamed spinach. He's had better filets before. I ordered foie gras and it came cold. Nothing worse than cold foie gras. I ordered the game sampler and of course that was not available so I ended up with the buffalo osso bucco. This was actually pretty good in flavor and was a large serving. We also ordered the truffled mac and cheese which turned out to be the best item that we received. Would I go back? Probably not since there are so many other restaurants that specialize in this type of food.