“Terrific Dinner with Family”
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
Ranked #35 of 5,378 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 22, 2014

On Tuesday night, 9-16-14, my brother and his girlfriend joined my wife and I at Hugo's Cellar for dinner. By now, you all know the details of the dinner, the rose, etc. We enjoyed a casually paced dinner (we only see each other about once or less a year) lasting about 2 and a half hours. The service was never rushed or intrusive, just a perfect amount of attention spent on our behalf. My brother ordered a filet and I had the Beef Wellington. The steaks were not only cooked to perfection and out liking, but also both pieces of meat were among the best steaks we have ever had. The ladies ordered Chilean sea bass and a seafood trio, and both remarked that their food was also terrific. I had a martini, which I love here because of the way it is served, in a carafe chilled in a mini crystal ice bucket, and enough for three full pours. The rest of the table shared a bottle of champagne.

If you are over 55, you get a 20% discount on your entree with their player's card. Three of us qualified. The final bill was $240 and we left a $50 tip. This same dinner would easily be twice as costly at a strip upper-end steakhouse.

This was the absolute best meal of our vacation.

3  Thank Jerry M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,995)

Reviewed September 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely 20th Anniversary at Hugo's. Excellent service, best Martinis in Vegas, and great food- you can't go wrong! Nice to enjoy an entire evening downtown too. Lots to offer!

Reviewed September 17, 2014

Dined here last week during a ten day trip to Vegas. Recommended by friends. Did not disappoint in any way. Reminiscent of the 1960's - the service and decor is similarly stylish but discrete. Staff are very attentive. Don't order a Starter - the salad trolley comes anyway and is more than enough considering what they will bring for your Main! Excellently prepared steaks and sea food. generous portions but not over much. Great choices. Four of ate a very full dinner with drinks and wine for a surprisingly pleasing price. Don't miss Hugo's. it's a must!

1  Thank Johnny387
Reviewed September 13, 2014

Amazing dinner at Hugo's cellar. Don't know why & how it took me so long to find this place in Vegas....maybe cause it's in the basement of the four queens on Fremont St. Wonderful experience from the second we walked in. The host presented the ladies with a fresh rose which was a nice old school touch. Our waiters were polite, prompt & knowledgeable of the entire menu. I think our waiter said something like the rookie on the staff has been at Hugo's for 15 years or so. Salad made table side was a nice old school vibe also. I'm definitely not a food snob & it takes a lot for me to leave a place pissed off. But there were absolutely zero issues with our entire evening & the food was beyond excellent. Meal price also included your salad & side dish which is usually ala carte at most places. We felt and were treated first class all night which along with good food is the whole reason you go out for a nice romantic dinner. Would recommend it to anyone looking for just that.

3  Thank froaction
Reviewed September 5, 2014

A friend who lives in the area, told me and my boyfriend to go here. I am glad we did. I hesitated about venturing outside the strip, but would definitely do it again. We were treated very kindly as we entered Hugo's and were seated. Service was great. Food was very good and portions were good. A few added touches...a rose, salad made at your table, a taste of sorbet, dessert at the end of the meal made it stand out from other restaurants. With every thing that was included it was worth the price.

2  Thank las9164