“Great Food & Service”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been to Hugo's 4 times and they never dissappoint. The old Vegas feel with dark wood and formally dressed staff is nice to see these days. The dinner includes the salad, starch and veg for a great price. They are a gem in downtown and often booked on busy holidays so call in advance. We often end up downtown when quests visit for various holidays and there is no availability. They continue a great tradition and stand out downtown even with the new hot restaurants opening.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We at at Hugo's our last night in Las Vegas. This is a tradition for our group. The food is mouth-watering. I love the salad cart they bring to the table & prepare in front of you - lot's to choose from. I had the filet and it was melt-in-your mouth good. You may or may not want to order dessert because your server will bring you chocolate-dipped strawberries & mango's. We did order dessert & they were great as well.

I love the "40/50's feel the restaurant has. The service is extraordinary!!!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

First the food. Our party of four chose distinctly different dishes and all were excellent. In particular, the fish was cooked to perfection. The salad circus -- Benihana style -- didn't add much to the enjoyment of what was a competent, but not exceptional, dish

The house staff and wine waiter (a recovering accountant who decided to live his dream many years back) were excellent; pleasant without being pushy or obsequious. Very professional.

Sadly, the table waiters were a bit of a let down. I had had high expectations from a neighbor who highly recommended them, so I was expecting the same type of unobtrusive competence that I'd first experienced at "Ernies" in San Francisco 30 years back. It was not to be. I found the service hurried and somewhat obtrusive. On several occasions, waiters butted into our conversation without even an "excuse me" to make a grab for dishes or to inquire as to how we are liking the meal so far.

The service would have been acceptable at "Red Lobster", but for an up-market eaters such as Hugo's, it just won't do

1  Thank TonyTheAesthete
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This fabulous restaurant is located in the Four Queens in Old Las Vegas on Fremont St. The food is beyond incredible! Each salad is made table-side with a huge selection of vegetables, egg, croutons and a variety of dressings. Their steaks are “melt in your mouth”. The service is impeccable all the way from the greeter at the front entrance, to the knowledgeable wine steward, and of course our gracious waiter! I think the only negative is that you have to walk through the casino with the smokers but the restaurant itself is smoke free. Afterward, we enjoyed the night life and street vendors on Fremont St. Love this place!

1  Thank BlueSkies97
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great 70s style ambience. Like me if some of you get tired of all the real trendy, retro restaurants then this place is for you. I kept feeling like the rat pack was gonna walk in. Food is great and reasonably priced and they make all the salads table sized!!! Two thumbs up

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!